We’re hiring a Lighting and Comp Artist to join our lighting, rendering and compositing stages of production. The role combines complementary creative and technical skills, including good aesthetic eye, understanding production, lighting, composition, color theory, as well as a technical understanding of CG-lighting and rendering.
Our ideal candidate will be able to create light-rigs and light-render-comp shots in production; collaborate with team members, understand production expectations, communicate ideas and issues, engage in discussions with the Lighting Supervisor and other lead members in the studio.
Your Main Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Light, render and composite shots and sequences that meet the project’s look.
- Deliver shots and corrections as requested by Supervisor or Client/Director.
- Work with other departments to ensure proper incorporation of elements in shots.
- Work with Lighting Supervisor and TD’s to optimize render times to studio standards.
- Collaborate with the Production team to meet deadlines.
- Troubleshoot lighting and rendering technical issues.
- Communicate issues with the Lighting Supervisor and Pipeline TD’s.
- Participate in Asset Look Development or Light Rig Creation for use by other departments.
- 3+ years of experience as a Lighting Artist.
- A great aesthetic eye for light, color and composition.
- Excellent understanding of, and production experience with Maya.
- Excellent understanding of, and production experience with Nuke.
- Excellent understanding of Redshift3D render engine.
- Experience with one or more of the following industry software is a plus: Shotgun, Katana, Blender, or Deadline.
- Knowledge of Mel or Python scripting a bonus.
- Excellent problem solving and communication skills
- Ability to identify visual cues and follow direction from art reference.
- Eligible to work in B.C.
- the option to work at the studio as well as remotely across British Columbia
- ongoing health and safety training
- support for your ergonomic workspace at home