A&W Restaurants in Whitehorse, Yukon Territories, located at 2222 2nd Ave, Whitehorse, YT Y1A 1C8, is looking for a permanent full-time Fast-Food Restaurant General Manager to start immediately.
Starting salary of $48,300 per annum, in addition, up to 15% base salary bonus paid quarterly depending upon the restaurant’s results. We also offer various benefits which include an extensive single or family Medical/Dental Benefit which comprises of Pharmaceuticals, Hospital Care, Paramedical, Medical Equipment, Travel, Visioncare, Long Term Disability, Basic and Optional Life, AD&D and Critical Illness, along with an optional Group RSP, vehicle and cell phone allowances and free meals.
Start Date of Employment: As soon as possible
Job Type: Full-time, permanent position. Work includes various shifts (Days, Evenings and Weekends).
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manages the restaurant to ensure a good balance of the key goals of speed, quality, service, cleanliness and profit
- Maintains A&W standards and conducts Performance reports regularly; recognizes areas needing improvement and takes action where necessary
- Schedules staff to provide an excellent customer experience while meeting the restaurant’s labour cost goals
- Makes sure equipment and facility is in good condition and makes arrangements for all repairs
- Recruits and hires hourly staff to ensure the restaurant’s goals are met.
- In conjunction with the Area Manager makes decisions regarding the hiring and promotion of supervisors and Assistant Managers
- Trains and develops staff to ensure restaurant goals and standards are met.
- Confronts poor performance in a timely and appropriate manner
- Develops a healthy working climate through day to day behaviour and semi-annual climate meetings
- Ensures compliance with provincial employment standards, WCB and Health Board regulations
- Has knowledge of and administers all company Human Resource policies
- Ensures restaurant profitability by managing revenues and costs to levels agreed upon in the annual profit planning process
- Participates in the annual profit planning process
- Ensures daily, weekly and monthly accounting is accurate and completed within the time allowed.
- Ensures compliance with all company cash management policies. Works quickly to resolve any cash problems
- Ensures that cleanliness standards and safe food handling practices are met.
- Handles all complaints and customer involved incidents according to company policy and ensures staff are trained in service recovery
- Builds business and awareness through local store marketing and community involvement
- Minimum requirement - 3 years experience as a supervisor in the food service industry, within the previous 5 years, is a must
- A minimum education level of high school graduation
- Must be fluent in English
- Strong interpersonal skills and proven leadership/ supervisory experience
- Expertise in all restaurant positions
- Complete knowledge of food safe practices and requirements
- High interest in developing others
- Ability to do accounting and manage administrative aspects of the operation
- Ability to stand and walk for extended periods.
- Able to do some heavy lifting
- Must have a valid driver’s license
Please ensure that you are providing a current resume with pertinent work experience and references. Shortlisted candidates will be required to complete a Background Check.
Candidates may apply with resume by responding to this job posting, by email: recruitment(at)christys.ca, by mail: Recruitment - A&W Whitehorse, 2739 30th St., Vernon, BC, V1T 5C6, or by fax: 250-275-6707. For further information regarding this posting please call 250-275-6706 during business hours. Only qualified applicants will be contacted for assessments and interviews.
Posted: October 5, 2020
Powered by JazzHR