Primary Job Function
The HR Manager, Operations plans, manages and implements a complete range of Human Resource services for the Operations group at Medline Canada, including all Distribution Centres nationwide. This role has direct reports.
- Work with the Talent Acquisition team to develop action plans to recruit effectively and respond to staffing issues, simultaneously working with Operations management to ensure warehouse staffing models are appropriate.
- Identify internal and external factors that may affect employee retention; develop proactive strategies to meet or exceed turnover goals.
- Plan, manage and often conduct new employee orientations and follow-up to foster positive attitude toward company policies. Often act as point of contact on subjects such as benefits, payroll, IPP, etc.
- Identify legal requirements and government reporting regulations and ensure policies, procedures and reporting are in compliance across Canada.
- Work with the Total Rewards team to ensure internal consistency and worth in administering job evaluations and compensation programs. Compose new and revised job profiles and recommend evaluations as required.
- Assess the internal employee climate, counsel with managers to identify and implement actions that improve or maintain a positive employee relations environment.
- Work closely with Operations Management team on the development and maintenance of health & safety programs which prioritize the safety of employees through good training and practices.
- Determine training needs and compile data and analyze past and current year training requirements. Work with the Talent Management team on selecting appropriate instructional procedures or methods such as individual training, group instruction, self study, lectures, demonstrations, simulation exercises, role play and computer-based training, based on the needs.
- Work with the Total Rewards team on coordinating related processes like the salary planning, bonus planning, and implementation of annual salary/benefit review process (Health & Wealth letters).
- Train line managers in the complex usage of different HR and Compensation policies, working in line with HR Operations team and relevant provincial legislation across Canada and factoring in legislative differences when appropriate
- Work with HR team in development and execution of company-wide EVP, most specifically how it applies to the Operations group
- Undergraduate Degree in Business / Human Resources or in a related discipline
- HR diploma / certificate required
- CHRP/CHRL an asset
- Minimum several to eight years of progressive Human Resources experience
- At least three years supervisory experience
- Bilingual considered an asset
- Payroll program experience an asset
- HRIS system knowledge an asset
- Experience in Distribution Centre/Manufacturing Centre environment preferred
- National HR experience considered an asset
- Exceptional client service skills and experience providing strategic HR services clients
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Experience in M&A considered an asset
- Travel required (40% of time in normal state *currently less due to Covid-19)
- Travel between Ontario locations required daily (Guelph, Mississauga, Milton)
- Weekday/Weekend flexibility required (to help cover Afternoon/Weekend shifts)
- Medline Canada is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
About Medline Canada
Medline Canada stands at the forefront of healthcare, providing expertise and a breadth of solutions for every care setting. With 500+ employees strong, including 100 dedicated sales and clinical professionals, and ten distribution centres located coast to coast, Medline Canada is proud to serve the entire continuum of care.
Powered by JazzHR