Reporting to the Plant Manager, the Manager, Human Resources is a culture and engagement champion in the plant, accountable for employee and labour relations, day-to-day operations of human resources, and creating exceptional employee experiences. The Manager, Human Resources is a part of the Plant Management team working closely with the Plant Manager and other functional leaders to deliver on plant priorities as well as develop and implement innovative HR strategies and initiatives to support plant success and employee engagement.
- As a member of the local leadership team, manages the development and implementation of specific HR talent management and employee engagement strategies and initiatives for the plant that support plant goals
- A role model and culture and engagement champion in the plant, ensuring that employees are heard and that their issues and concerns are understood and resolved in an expedited manner
- Participates in Plant Management meetings offering insight, recommendations and solutions for human resource issues that have impact to the plant/business and employees
- Partners with Operations leaders to implement policies/programs
- Provides counsel on employee and labour relations issues, leads investigation of issues, and makes recommendations in the resolution of issues
- Manages recruitment for hourly and salaried positions
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience with a degree in such discipline as Business, Labour Relations, Human Resources or equivalent years of HR experience including leadership coaching, employee development, succession and engagement
- Thorough knowledge of Labour Relations, Health & Safety, Human Rights and Employment Standards and their application
- Exceptional listening and communication skills
- Strong change management experience for processes and people
- Analytical skills balanced with the ability to make and execute sound recommendations
- Positive attitude, proactive, high level of energy, attention to detail, and sense of urgency, with an unwavering commitment to deliver results and get things done!