This position is full time permanent and would be a combination of office and fieldwork, based out of our Calgary office. Start date is negotiable.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support and/or lead the development of proposals and business development efforts.
- Design, participate in and/or manage hydrogeologic investigation and monitoring programs.
- Schedule and track project progress, budgets and the completion of deliverables.
- Compile, manage and interpret hydrogeologic, water use, water quality, and other environmental data.
- Draft reports for submission to regulatory agencies or clients.
- Work on multidisciplinary teams and projects, and support Hatfield’s aquatics specialists, hydrologists and other environmental specialists.
- Mentor junior staff.
- Experience supervising/undertaking drilling programs, well installation, hydrogeologic testing (e.g., slug, packer, pump tests) and groundwater sampling, at remote mine site locations.
- Experience and interest in field work. Field work in remote locations is required.
- Fluent verbal communication and ability to write concise technical reports.
- Legally able to work in Alberta and British Columbia and a valid Canadian driver’s license.
- Contaminant transport, vadose zone hydrogeology and/or groundwater / water quality modelling.
- Surface water and sediment sampling.
- Hydrometric / climate station installation, data logger programming, surveying and streamflow measurement.
- Data handling and analysis. Background in R statistics, coding, GIS, and/or hydraulic/hydrogeologic modelling would be highly desirable.
- Experience in data compilation and analysis, including use of software tools such as Aquarius, EQuIS or similar software for loading, editing, reporting and visualization of sample data.
- B.Sc. or M.Sc. (preferred) in natural/environmental sciences or engineering with a combination of academic training (e.g., thesis, coursework) in hydrogeology.
- A minimum of three years of experience undertaking hydrogeology studies.
- Eligible for, or have current, registration with APEGA.