Developing great technology takes more than talent: it takes amazing people who understand collaboration, respect, and who will go the “extra mile” to achieve unthinkable results. It takes people who have the passion and desire to disrupt the status quo, push boundaries, deliver innovation, and change the world. If you have this type of passion, we invite you to take a look at the opportunities available to come join our team.
The Signal Integrity engineering team ensures that the performance requirements of the silicon and the cost requirements of the product are met through the integration of silicon, package and platform electrical design. PPE Signal Integrity also provides design support to engineering design teams for both current and forward looking product development and feasibility studies.
As an Analog Design Engineer, you will possess the following:
- Experience with PCB, Package and IC level power delivery networks
- Experience in silicon packaging and PCB design for signal and power integrity
- Experience with high-speed digital signaling interfaces such as PCIE, GDDR5, HDMI
- Expertise in electrical modeling EDA and AMS tools such as HFSS, SIwave, HSPICE
- Expertise in electromagnetic theory and circuit analysis
- Experience with programming in Python, C++, Matlab
- Ability to effectively communicate ideas and results
- Ability to collaborate and work harmoniously with others
- Ability to work independently
As a member of the Signal Integrity team, you will focus on the electrical design, modeling, simulation and characterization of high-speed signal propagation and power delivery networks in AMD products. You will work in close collaboration with AMD coworkers and customers to ensure optimal engineering design decisions and efficient problem solving, including:
- Using simulations to ensure packaging and PCB's are designed well and meet required speeds.
- Review layouts to determine any areas that require additional refinement.
- Extract models for package, PCB and Sockets from vendors, collecting standardized models if available, and running through simulation.
- Run channel simulations to generate performance numbers; evaluating those numbers against the spec.
- Bachelor's in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science and Engineering or equivalent.
Requisition Number: 174644
Country: Canada Province: Ontario City: Markham
AMD is an inclusive employer dedicated to building a diverse workforce. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates and will accommodate applicants' needs under the respective provincial human rights codes throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. Any applicant who requires accommodation should contact .
AMD does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee based recruitment services.