Harli provides solutions to the supermarket and warehouse club industry, and is the exclusive supplier of rotisseries and heated display cases to over 90% of the warehouse clubs in the US. The Company is actively customer-driven as indicated by its mission to provide “Responsive, Reliable Solutions.” Harli’s value-alied services include product development and assistance in all aspects of food preparation including; staff training, safe food-hanuling practices, menu development and merchandising. Customers view Harli as a partner and praise the Company for the quality of the products and depth of the service and support they receive. Harli is presently seeking a:
Research & Development Technologist
The Research & Development Technologist provides product development support through the fabrication/assembly/evaluation of prototypes for both new and existing product lines. The Research & Development Technologist is reporting to the Research & Development Laboratory Supervisor.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Assemble prototypes and/or install parts onto existing equipment. Parts may be electric, electronic, and/or mechanical in nature;
- Design and/or fabricate first generation prototypes using basic hand tools and machine tools;
- Perform diverse tests/evaluations such as reliability, destructive, temperature, safety, cooking, etc. and generate result reports;
- Design and build jigs and/or fixtures as required;
- Troubleshoot/diagnose electrical and mechanical problems;
- Contribute creatively to the improvement of Harli’s products and development practices;
- Maintain the laboratory organized and clean.
- A minimum of 2-3 years of industrial experience in positions involving both mechanical and electrical technology applications;
- Hold a technical Degree or College diploma in either of these fields;
- Must demonstrate the safe use of basic hand tools (drills, grinders, etc) and machine tools (lathes, drill press, and brake press);
- Must be able to weld and assemble sheet metal components;
- Must have a working knowledge of Microsoft Office, Outlook and Word and a strong knowledge of Excel;
- Must be conversationally fluent in English and French and have excellent writing skills;
- Candidate is expected to be well organised and capable of multitasking in a dynamic environment;
- Must be able to work in both independent and team environments;
- Experience in industrial automation system (control and mechanical design) would be an asset;
- Able to interpret mechanical drawings and electrical schematics. The ability to create these would be an asset;
- Experience with gas, pneumatics and/or hydraulic components would be an asset.
Work shop environment, with the majority of time spent standing and some heavy lifting. Regular hours 8:00am to 4:30pm, Monday to Friday. There is a possibility of occasional, short-term travel within North America; valid passport is required.
Qualified candidates can apply by sending their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the mention of the job title in the subject line.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only qualified candidates will be contacted.
*Complete benefits package offered
*Potential bonus (based on Company performance and individual performance) Hardt endorses an Equal Employment Opportunity Program and invites women, members of visible and ethnic minorities, Aboriginal people and persons with disabilities to apply. The masculine gender is used solely for the purpose of shortening the text.