The Kitchen Designer ensures excellent service is provided to the customer, either over the telephone or in person, by effectively using selling skills, computer design skills and product knowledge to secure and complete the sale to the customer’s satisfaction.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Assists customers with their information/product requirements. Through effective questioning and listening techniques, identifies and qualifies customer requirements. Provides appropriate information on suggested products and alternatives, explaining features and benefits and providing application advice as required.
- Books appointment with customer for one-to-one consultations. Using 20/20 Kitchen design software, operates computer to pictorially layout and design the kitchen/bath as per customer direction. Suggests add-ons to complete the sale.
- Sources product for customer. Prepares special orders, confirms specifications and contacts Special Order Purchaser and/or supplier to establish and confirm price and available delivery date.
- Maintains assigned section. Ensures area is merchandised with current product labels and info. Keeps current on flyer and promotional events. Provides information and locates promotional products for customers as required.
- Resolves customer complaints and objections including investigating, interpreting policy, and taking the appropriate action to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Position requires in-depth knowledge of the kitchen and bath products carried in the store and a good understanding of what is available and the positioning of our competitors.
- Position requires the ability to operate 20/20 Kitchen Design software program.
- Position requires above average selling skills, and a commitment to providing excellent customer service.
- Position requires good organization and administrative skills to keep track of schedule and to follow-up on “orders in progress”.