Education/Certifications:Either registration as a Professional Engineer or Engineer-in-Training with PEO as a Technician or Technologist with OACETT Road Construction Senior Inspector (rcsi) designation
Experience:Minimum 3 years in civil engineering (technology) or civil construction
Position/Title Alternates:Senior Inspector
CONSOR is currently looking for a Senior Inspector for our Transportation group in the Ontario market. As a dynamic and growing engineering consulting firm CONSOR is full of opportunities for career development.
Typical Essential Duties/Responsibilities.
- Checks and inspects construction activities, operations and work to ensure compliance with the contract documents, drawings, and specifications
- Conducts site surveys, confirming scope of work, obtaining relevant information, equipment and materials and maintains quality and payment records in a daily diary for the work completed
- Compiles field / test data in a report form for review by the Contract Administrator
- Liaise / coordinate with service providers for specialized inspections and / or testing to ensure the tasks are completed in accordance with the terms or reference, specifications or agreement
- Obtain video / photographic records as required.
- Record, review and address contractor questions and clarifications by reporting to the Contract Administrator for resolution if not already provided to the contractor
- Attend site meetings and reconnaissance on site
- Able to handle multiple priorities without losing focus
- Post Secondary degree or diploma in Civil Engineering or Civil Engineering Technology/Technician
- Minimum 3 years' experience in engineering/construction
- Must have worked as a Structural, Asphalt & Grade Inspector on a similar MTO/ Municipal project
- Certified by OACETT for the RCSI designation
- Able to work on weekends and nights, as required
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work well in a team environment
- Proficiency with MS Office and web based applications related to inspection duties including but no limited to WBCMS or similar
- Valid Ontario driver's license and access to a vehicle
- Detail oriented
Let the next big thing you engineer be your future at CONSOR Engineers!
CONSOR Engineers is inspiring vibrant communities by connecting people through innovative engineering solutions, focused on transportation planning and design, structural assessment, construction services, and water-wastewater. Our project portfolio includes thousands of projects across the United States and Canada with 47 offices in North America and 1200+ employees. We are deeply committed to investing in our people – together we are stronger, more innovative, and able to fulfill an engineering vision that makes a true difference.
CONSOR champions growth, creativity, and well-being in our team members. We offer a competitive pay structure, a comprehensive benefits package, and recognize the need for work-life balance. Our core values define our company culture and remind us of what we all aspire – Collaboration, Ownership, New Ideas, Safety, Optimism, Respect, Integrity, and Quality (CONSORiq).
We’re made up of talented, collaborative, and driven folks from every civil engineering discipline. We are driven by producing outstanding work and thrive on tackling the biggest projects. If this sounds like a place you could see yourself shining (and we think it is!), apply today and let’s create something amazing together.
Diversity Statement (EEO)
CONSOR is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in our workplace. We believe in each individual’s potential. Qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin or ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, age, disability, gender identity, genetic information, service in the military, or any other status protected by law.
Powered by JazzHR