Modern Niagara helps build and maintain the spaces where Canadians live, learn, work, and heal by meeting the mechanical, electrical, and building controls and services needs of Canada’s infrastructure. We value passion, initiative, determination, professionalism, and teamwork and we are committed to ensuring that our teams have everything they need to succeed. Health and safety are embedded in everything we do and, as a result, our award-winning safety culture has a record that’s well above industry standards.
At Modern Niagara, you will work alongside values-driven, safety-conscious, and high impact teams in a fast-paced, innovative, and collaborative environment. Here, your knowledge, skills, and excellent service will help ensure that the buildings that make up Canada’s infrastructure fulfill the needs they were set out to meet.
Modern Niagara is one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies and is a recipient of SMACNA‘s Safety Excellence Award Program (SSEAP) – Canada and the Canadian Occupational Safety (COS) Magazine’s Canada’s Best Health + Safety Culture Award and Canada’s Safest Employers Award in the Building and Construction category.
We are seeking a highly organized and detail-oriented Control Technician to join our Controls Team in Toronto.
The Control Technician will interface with customers and contractors to install and service our clients Building Automation Systems. This includes project start up and commissioning, service (routine or emergency) and preventative maintenance.
OVERVIEW OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Act as a Technical resource and develop technical skills to deliver projects and/or customer service
- Work closely with our installation subcontractors and coordinate work with them to ensure projects are completed on time and per code, standards and contract requirements.
- Carrying out commissioning activities, such as:
- Commissioning and checking the operation of actuators and other system outputs
- Performing point-to-point commissioning of sensors and other system inputs;
- Checking the calibration of system sensors; and
- Filling out commissioning documentation.
- Assist with the configuration of system alarms and trends.
- Assist with the development of user graphics and interfaces that schematically represent each system.
- Contributing to corporate knowledge sharing systems and participate in the development of tools and template libraries.
- Technical degree and/or industry related technical field experience including HVAC Systems, DDC Systems, software and device calibrations
- Experience and ability in working on construction sites
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong customer service
- Strong problem-solving abilities
- Focus and attention to detail
- Team player that functions well in a busy environment
- Resourceful, problem-solver that is energetic and able to manage multiple priorities
- Experience with Niagara based products is preferred
- Experience with JCI Fx
- Valid Drivers license
Please submit your resume today!
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
At Modern Niagara, we value the diversity of the people we hire and serve. Modern Niagara is an equal opportunity employer. If you require accommodation during the recruitment process, please advise us so that suitable accommodations can be made. We can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.