Reporting to the YCS Executive Director, the Financial Manager is responsible for the society's finances and keeps the office running smoothly. The Financial Manager is encouraged to creatively address the multiple tasks and requirements of the position. A strong environmental ethic and a commitment to sustainable communities are required.
Duties and Responsibilities
A. Major Roles
1) Financial Management (70%)
– Provides full bookkeeping services for the society: accounts payable and receivable, bank deposits, payroll, CRA remittances, recording items in revenue journal, maintaining records of inventory sales, bank reconciliations, preparing financial information for the annual financial audit process, and all other financial duties
– Responsible for budget development and monitoring
– Provides financial and budget support to program staff
– Prepares financial reports to funders
– Briefs the Executive Director on matters pertaining to the financial status and well-being of the society
– Administers the Yukon Environmental Training Fund
2) Office Administration (25%)
– Responsible for reception and clerical duties, responding to phone calls and walk in traffic
– Prepares reports to fulfill obligations re: Yukon Government Societies Act
– Prepares reports to Revenue Canada re: Charitable Status
– Ensures office equipment, internet and email functionality are maintained
– Ensures that project files are maintained and personnel files are prepared and filed
– Maintains the membership database and issues charitable tax receipts
– Acts as landlord representative on behalf of YCS to tenant in the rental suite
– Represents YCS at various functions as required
– Participates in program and communications meetings as time and relevance permit
B. Other Principal Activities
Supports the volunteer Board of Directors (5%)
– Provides quarterly reports to the Board on organizational and project budgets
– Organizes Annual General Meeting including advertising and preparing and presenting financial reports to membership
– Attends Executive Council meetings and Board meetings as required
– Strong knowledge of Sage 50 bookkeeping software
– Experience with bookkeeping duties for non-profits (a certificate in business administration or bookkeeping is an asset)
– Experience with Microsoft Office programs: Outlook, Excel, Word, Access
– Ability to plan and control budget and expenditures
– Ability to plan, organize, direct and evaluate daily operations
– Experience in planning, developing, implementing and evaluating policies and procedures
– Capable of overseeing development, and implementing and evaluating administrative systems
– Experience managing external contractors
Must be able to work in fast-paced environment, work under pressure, complete a large workload with tight deadlines, occasionally work after hours
Provide a criminal record check to the society
Our office is located in an urban area, relocation costs are not covered by the employer
This is a permanent part-time position for 37.5hrs bi-weekly (15-20 hours per week)
Compensation: $20-$25/hr (commensurate with experience) and 3 weeks of vacation
Resume and cover letter must be received by midnight Sunday February 12th, 2017
Email to email@example.com
For additional information contact Judith van Gulick at (867) 668 5678 on Tuesdays and Thursdays
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
You must to bookmark this listing.
Apply For job
Upload Resume (optional)
Upload your resume or any other relevant file. Max. file size: 8 MB.
Are you human?
You can apply to this job and others using your online resume. Click the link below to submit your online resume and email your application to this employer.