You’ll find us in schools, colleges, hospitals, office buildings, senior living communities, tourist attractions, sports venues, remote camps and military installations and more. We’re in all major cities, at remote work sites and everywhere in between – doing business in Canada and 50+ other countries where you can learn and grow. Join us now and point your career forward!
Imagine working in a place where thousands of people rely on your team to bring out the best in their day. Join us and know you can make it happen by creating a home away from home for our clients. You can make every day more enjoyable simply by serving a nutritious meal, or ensuring a safe living environment, or creating recreational programs for their down time. No matter what role you play with us, it will be an important one.
Why work with ESS Support Services? We are a member of Compass Group Canada, the leading foodservice and support services company. We work with clients in the oil and gas, mining, construction, coastal logging, military and defense sectors. Coverage is as diverse as offshore oil rigs in the Gulf of Mexico, to coastal logging camps in B.C., to construction camps in the Alberta Oil Sands. Facilities are located within drill camps, mining camps, construction camps, pipeline camps, oil and gas installations and correctional facilities.
To oversee a number of operating units and to act as the Company's representative on site, promoting the Company's image and ensuring compliance with all statutory regulations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Drive the financial success of the unit's operation.
- Lead all phases of food preparation, menu planning and development, operation planning and expenditures, budgeting, costing and maintaining proper inventory levels.
- Recruit, hire, schedule and perform general administrative duties.
- Ensure excellent client relationships and client satisfaction with the service options.
- Achieve compliance with Compass’ Quality Assurance, Occupational Health and Safety Act and WHMIS regulations.
- Initiate frequent workplace inspections and WHMIS training of all staff and effectively manage all.
Think you have what it takes to be our Unit Managers? We’re committed to hiring the best talent for the role. Here’s how we’ll know you’ll be successful in the role.
- At least two years of related food service/housekeeping management experience.
- A strong motivator, mentor and leader with management skills.
- A detail-oriented individual and a strong team player.
- Outstanding client relationship skills.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal).
- Proven Microsoft Office skills (Word, Excel, Outlook).
For accommodation requests during the hiring process, please contact for further information.