Abandoned Mine Opportunities – Faro, Yukon
We have been successful in winning environmental and mining projects in Northern Canada and will be aggressively pursuing additional northern projects. We are a world-class leader in providing in-depth engineering, construction, technical, and management services. Our employees deliver landmark commercial, industrial, environmental, energy, power, and renewable infrastructure — and provide innovative solutions to complex environmental, water quality, supply, treatment, watershed, and wastewater projects. We hire colleagues with an entrepreneurial spirit who thrive on solving project challenges in a high-energy environment. Parsons is helping to build a healthier and more sustainable world.
Parsons is looking for students who are looking for work terms to fulfill our water treatment operator need. Students should be attending a post-secondary institution that supports a work term for a period of approximately 8 months. We are looking for enrolled students that meet the following requirements:
- In-Progress Mechanical Engineering Degree/Diploma or related training
- A minimum of 1-year experience or equivalent combination of education and experience is an asset
- Must be comfortable working both indoors and outdoors in various elemental conditions including rain, snow, heat, cold, etc.
- Knowledge of water treatment facilities is considered an asset
- Operation of water treatment facilities
- Monitoring of dams, spillways and other water streams
- Manage support equipment including pumps and piping
- Work four-on four-off 12-hour shifts
- Complete timely and accurate daily records of plant and pumping performance
- Conduct daily site inspection and record observations.
- Notify Management of any issues relating to the water treatment process, pumps and pipelines
- Maintain a high standard of house-keeping at all times.
- Engage in all forms of labour to assist in the successful operation of all water treatment processes.
- Assist site trades people and operations personnel as necessary.
- Attend training sessions as required
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Mechanical aptitude.
- Willingness to work in a team environment.
- Willingness to resolve issues in a professional manner.
- Willingness to take initiative and be self motivated.
- Willingness to accept accountability for their work.
- Willingness to work at heights and in confined spaces.
- Able to lift, pull, stand, or crouch for long periods of time
- Understanding of time management.
- Capable of the safe handling of lime and other chemicals.
- Able to adapt to change.
- Ability to lift up to 20 kg.
- Valid class 5 driver’s license
- Familiar with computer skills -Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, etc.)
- Proven understanding of safe work practices and mitigating risk.
- Ability to work with little supervision and function in a multidiscipline environment.
Ready for action? We’re looking for the kind of people who see this opportunity and don’t hesitate to act. Parsons is a leader in the world of Technical Services and Engineering. We hire people with a broad set of technical skills who have proven experience tackling some of the greatest challenges. Take your next step and apply today.