Luminis, an Acuity Brands company, is an established manufacturer of contemporary specification grade indoor and outdoor lighting products. Combining timeless aesthetics and evolving technology, the company develops innovative luminaires that contribute to architectural intent while performing to the highest standards. Award-winning Luminis products are found in commercial, institutional, retail and municipal applications and are available throughout North America. More information about Luminis is available at .
What we offer:
Be part of a dynamic team within a growing company and renowned multi-sites
Permanent Position (Day Time)
Reporting to the Production and Procurement Director, the Production Supervisor will be responsible for planning, organizing and coordinating the activities of approximately 20-30 production employees in the assembly of fixtures.
How you will contribute:
- Train and coach
- Evaluate workforce needs and initiate the recruitment process.
- Hiring, welcoming, integrating, training and evaluating employees for new employees in his department
- Follow up on corporate policies (discipline, health & safety, etc.) and correct problematic situations (disciplinary management).
- Perform the process of performance evaluations.
- Motivate and mobilize staff.
- Promote the prevention philosophy of health and safety in the workplace.
- Encourage employee participation in process review to improve productivity
- Monitor and implement the different KPIs (Key Performance Indicators)
- Implement and maintain processes and procedures, and ensure they are followed
- Be responsible for keeping the work environment of the assembly clean and structured at all times. (6 S)
- Ensure a good management of material resources (tools and equipment, etc.).
- Prepare for and participate in daily (scrum meeting) and weekly meetings, ensuring the follow-up of the elements under his responsibility.
- Participate in the implementation of new improvement projects
- Technical DEC (Admin, Operations Management, Industrial Engineering) or equivalent ()
- At least 3 to 5 years of relevant experience
- Experience with MS Office suite and ERP skills
- Achievements in 6S and factory improvement project
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Be action and results oriented
- Be comfortable in a multi-cultural environment