The Big Picture: VG Meats believes that people are critical to its success. The staff will create the win/win scenarios that help the company and employees move forward in life and in business. It is believed that the successful employee will seek out improvements to the processing activities that will improve profits for the company and compensation for the employee. Develop your CAREER with VG Meats!
Why should you work for VG Meats?
- 25% off employee discount
- A growing company offering many learning experiences
- We are a regenerative employer meaning that the organization continues to build a workplace that is good for its staff, producers, customers and communities.
- Monitor several production lines performance documenting various events
- Reporting production data
- Understanding and reporting on the KPIs
- Analysis of data hourly updates on results
- Reconciling production data to financial data
- Creating visual management tools
- Pioneering the scheduling processes with the intent to train staff to fill the scheduling role
- Testing the scheduling plan against the actual
- Increasing the organization's ability to create excellent results by training, guiding recruitment staff to hire missing skills or simplifying operational processes
- Building a culture of continuous improvement
- Always ready to use previously collected analysis and data to use to make decisions
- Contribute to daily meetings by presenting data and KPIs of previous days and weeks
- Multitask between lines
- Follow GMPs, and Health and Safety policies
- Other duties as assigned
- Reports to: Plant Manager
- Must have a strong working knowledge of Lean Manufacturing concepts
- ASQ Certified Quality Engineer preferred
- Lean Six Sigma Black belt certification required
- Familiarity with Quality System Standards
- Proven ability to champion improvement with multi-disciplinary teams
- Demonstrates a high proficiency in MS Office
- Detail-oriented and strong analytical skills
- Superior project management, planning and organizational skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Exceptional interpersonal skills
- Self-starter who works independently with minimal supervision
- Effective working in a team environment
- Demonstrated aptitude for problem-solving
- Energetic individual with a proven track record of accountability and results
VG Meats is dedicated to producing high quality, healthy foods through sustainable farming practices. A fourth-generation family business, we produce tenderness tested beef, pork and pastured poultry that our customers love. We're looking for people who share our dedication and vision. Our areas of focus are: regenerative farming practices, retailers, farmers, restaurants, distributors and institutions.
VG Meats is an equal opportunity employer and accommodation will be provided during the interviewing and hiring processes.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Please Note: Our recruitment team will send a Vervoe assessment to your email address listed as the next action in our hiring process. Further consideration requires the timely completion of the assessment.
Powered by JazzHR