The Coastal GasLink Project now has a career opportunity for a Field Scheduler. Reporting to the Scheduling Lead, you will support the Project by preparing and maintaining the Project schedule and ensuring key stakeholders are informed and aligned. This role will be working with both third-party contractors and internal clients. As such, the role requires strong customer service and communication skills to align with the needs of the project leadership and the client.
The position is an office (Calgary) and a site-based role in BC, Coastal GasLink will provide transportation to the Work Force Accommodation. The rotation schedule is TBD
- Develop and maintain the complex Field Execution Schedule in Primavera, including progress and milestone reporting;
- Act as primary interface with Contractor's Planning group at the detailed-planning level to ensure integrated contractor schedules align with Company requirements and roll into the Integrated Project Schedule;
- Correspond with external contractors and owners' construction management for progress updates;
- Support interface management for integrating scopes and stakeholders external to Coastal GasLink;
- Interface with Company Scheduler to ensure schedule interfaces points are identified;
- Prepare and present project information to appropriate stakeholders;
- Participate in development, implementation, and input of progress measurement and reporting system, including WBS roll-up levels, weightings and reporting;
- Analyze the contractor resource, progress, and productivity measures against the schedule to address reporting accuracy in all areas;
- Attend and contribute to coordination meetings, both within the Project Team and with contractors;
- Provide schedule input to and implement schedule element of the Management of Change;
- Work closely with the Field Cost Analyst to ensure costs phasing and forecasting aligns with the current schedule;
- Assist with preparation and participate in Schedule Risk Analysis;
- Provide input into lesson capture and Project Close Out process;
- Respond to ad hoc requests, analysis, and inquiries as required.
- Strong planning experience in pipeline construction projects;
- Proficiency in project, planning & scheduling, controls, project reporting and progress measurement systems;
- Knowledge of compression and pipeline construction and execution sequencing is required;
- Proven ability to plan organize, direct, perform, review and present project schedules and related documents;
- Able to handle multiple tasks and prioritize in a dynamic and fast-paced environment;
- Strong analytical thinking and problem-solving skills;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication (oral and written) skills;
- Able to work with diverse groups, from top level leaders to field third-party contractors.
- Relevant post-secondary degree or technical diploma is required, Accounting, Business Management, or Project Management degree is preferred;
- Eight (8) or more years of related experience is preferred;
- Extensive Primavera P6 experience is required;
- Field and construction planning experience is considered an asset;
- Excellent problem solving and decision-making skills to assist in working in a fast paced and evolving work environment
- Sound analytical and critical thinking skills
- Strong communication skills, including ability to present information to a variety of audiences internally and externally
- Proactive approach to continuous improvement initiatives
- Strong interpersonal skills including, collaboration, conflict resolution and cross functional engagement
- Experience with in TiLOS
- Experience with SharePoint 365 and Power BI
Fircroft has been placing people in specialist technical industries for over 50 years, focusing on mid to senior level engineers for contract and permanent roles worldwide. By applying for this job you give consent for Fircroft to contact you, via email & telephone, to discuss your application along with future positions and Fircroft's services.
Fircroft is registered as a Data Controller with the Information Commissioner as required under the General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679. Fircroft will only process your personal data for the specific purposes of managing your application.