You'll find us in schools, colleges, hospitals, office buildings, senior living communities, tourist attractions, sports venues, remote camps and military installations and more. We're in all major cities, at remote work sites and everywhere in between - doing business in Canada and 50+ other countries where you can learn and grow. Join us now and point your career forward!
Why work with Restaurant Associates? Imagine joining a team that's at the top of their game. Come to work at Restaurant Associates and learn from the pros how to serve thousands of visitors in some of the world's best venues. Because of what we do, more than 30,000 guests enjoy an unforgettable experience every day. Learn. Grow. Serve. It's a winning combination. Join us.
Location: 1015 Bank Street, Ottawa ON
Pay Rate: $14.75/hr
Schedule: As per business needs
- Previous cook experience an asset
Prepares food in accordance with applicable corporate standards, guidelines and regulations with established policies and procedures. Ensures quality food service is provided at all times.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare, pre-cook and/or cook food products as directed.
- Prepare "mise en place" (setting in place of foods, garnishes, sauces, dishes, cutlery, etc) and other products as required for high volume production.
- Clean kitchen equipment after use according to health and safety policies and procedures.
- Label, date, store and rotate food and beverage products in appropriate storage areas.
- Communicate effectively with all appropriate operational departments.
- Reports needed maintenance, faulty equipment or accidents to the supervisor immediately.
- Perform other duties as assigned or directed.
Think you have what it takes to be one of our Cooks? We're committed to hiring the best talent for the role. Here's how we'll know you'll be successful in the role:
- Proven cooking experience, including experience as a restaurant cook or prep cook.
- Food Safety Certification required.
- Certificate from a recognized cooking school.
- Excellent understanding of various cooking methods, ingredients, equipment and procedures.
- Accuracy and speed in executing assigned tasks.
- Familiar with industry's best practices.
- Able to work independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
For accommodation requests during the hiring process, please contact for further information.