Deep Genomics is a Toronto-based startup company that is building an AI-powered discovery and development platform to significantly expand the universe of medicines available for genetically-defined diseases. Founded in 2015, Deep Genomics brings together a multidisciplinary team of world-leading experts in machine learning, genomics, chemistry, and biology. Together we are on a mission to rapidly discover and develop oligonucleotide drugs for the treatment of patients with severe disorders of the liver, central nervous system, and eye.
We are seeking an ambitious and talented systems neuroscientist to help us develop oligonucleotide therapies to treat rare neurological disorders. The ideal candidate will lead a therapeutic development program from initial screening to candidate declaration and beyond. They will have a flexible attitude to job roles and superlative organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills.
- A PhD in the biological sciences with at least 2 years of postgraduate experience, preferably in a biotechnology or pharmaceutical industry setting
- Extensive graduate or postgraduate experience in experimental systems neuroscience.
- Extensive experience with standard techniques in molecular and cell biology including, for example, DNA/RNA/Protein isolation and analysis, genetic manipulation of mammalian cells (e.g. CRISPR/Cas9), cloning, flow cytometry, IHC, etc.
- Previous experience working with any/all of the following is desirable: cellular/animal models of mendelian disorders, iPSCs, electrophysiology, antisense oligonucleotides, and neural organoids/spheroids.
- Comfort working with limited supervision in a fast-paced and rapidly growing work environment.
- A highly competitive salary, health and dental benefits, and meaningful equity compensation.
- Exceptional opportunities for learning and growth.
- A collegial working environment with regular social events for team members and their families.
- You'll also be joining a bright and highly-motivated team working at the intersection of the most exciting areas of science and technology.
Deep Genomics welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.