At Purolator, you’ll be proud knowing you’re working for a Canadian company that truly values its employees. And it’s community. This is an exciting and evolving industry and we’re leading the change as we strive to deliver the future. Here you will be empowered to help move the business forward. Each and every day. Are you open to the possibilities?
Since its establishment in 1960, Purolator has become Canada’s leading integrated freight, package and logistics solutions provider. Our team operates under a strong set of corporate values that guide us in all we do for our employees. Purolator is an employer committed to offering our employees rewarding work with opportunities for collaboration and career development. We offer a competitive total rewards package that includes a Competitive Salary, Comprehensive Benefits Package and Pension Plan, an Employee Family Assistance Program, Employee Shared Ownership Program and Employee Discounts.
We believe that developing a winning team of employees is critical to achieving our vision of making Canada stronger by delivering our customers’ promises. Don’t miss this opportunity to be part of a national organization that plays a meaningful role in the lives of all Canadians.
Location: 62 Vulcan Street, Etobicoke Ontario
Working Hours: Full-time
Scheduled Shift: Monday to Friday 23:30 -07:30am
Employment Contract: Permanent
Job Code: 117
- Shuttle pulls
- Responsible for transporting customer freight in an effective and efficient manner
- Complete deliveries and pick-ups in both urban and rural locations as assigned
- Perform daily pre-trip and post-trip vehicle inspections
- Manual usage and handling of pump truck
- Tail gate experience an asset
- Work various hours (morning, afternoon or overnight) as required
- Ability to solve problems as they arise while on road
- Build positive relationships with both our internal and external customers (dispatch, colleagues , managers)
- Comply with all Corporate Policies and Procedures
- Work in a safe manner at all times
- Maintain punctual attendance
- Other Duties as assigned
- Valid Driver's License: Class AZ
- Clean Driving Abstract (please upload a current driver's abstract with your resume)
- Must successfully pass written & road test(s)
- Must successfully pass Defensive Driving course
- Must successfully pass Courier Methods training course
- Storng geographical knowledge of Metro Toronto and surrounding areas
- Must be able to handle LTL freight and skids
- Ability to lift and/or carry up to 70 lbs.
- Successfully complete a criminal record check and employment verification to qualify
- Obtain a clear Police Clearance Certificate when required
- Strong customer service skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Problem solving
- Proper scan and load techniques
- Exemplifies and consistently demonstrates our core competencies of customer focus, communication, collaboration, trust and self-development
Location: 563 - Ontario Hub
Working Conditions: On the Road; Warehouse Environment
Purolator is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, Aboriginal/Indigenous status or any other factors considered discriminatory. If you require an accommodation during the recruitment process, we will work with you to meet your needs.
We recognize that our employees and their families are key stakeholders. We will only be successful as a business if we provide our employees with a safe and healthy workplace and if we have the right people in the right roles with the support they need to succeed. We hire for attitude and train for skills. To learn more about us and our values, go to www.purolator.com.
At Purolator, every day is an opportunity for our employees to connect with one another and with our customers to help make a positive impact in the communities where we live, work and play.