Posted Date 3 weeks ago(12/18/2020 4:19 PM)
Job ID 2020-10446 # Positions 2 Job Type Full Time Years of Experience 3 Job Industry Accounting and Auditing Services
Putting people first, every day
BDO is a firm built on a foundation of positive relationships with our people and our clients. Each day, we rely on our professionals to provide exceptional service, and help our clients by providing advice and insight they can trust. In turn, we offer an environment that fosters a people-first culture with a high priority on your personal and professional growth.
Our Guelph office is looking for a Senior Payroll Administrator to join the Payroll Outsourcing Services team and own the following responsibilities:
- Payroll processing including input, validation, testing, and reporting into BDO payroll system
- Identify data discrepancies outside of the norm and alert the appropriate contact within the team
- Administer hourly & salary payroll, ensure timely payment to employees
- Follow up with clients on any discrepancies or missing time summaries
- Process government remittances, statutory and non-statutory deductions for each pay-period (EI, CPP and EHT) and generate requested payroll reports
- Maintain payroll records as required by federal/provincial governing bodies
- Prepare termination packages (ROEs) and year-end reports, including T4 slips
- You demonstrate BDO's core values through all aspect of your work: Integrity, Respect & Collaboration
- You understand your client’s industry, challenges, and opportunities; client describe you as positive, professional, and delivering high quality work
- You identify, recommend, & are focused on effective service delivery to your clients
- You share in an inclusive & engaging work environment that develops, retains & attracts talent
- You actively participate in the adoption of digital tools and strategies to drive an innovative workplace
- You grow your expertise through learning & professional development.
- You have related post-secondary education
- You have a minimum four years’ experience in a similar role
- You have Intermediate to Advanced Excel skills
- You ideally have previous knowledge of general payroll processing and terminology; previous payroll or data entry experience would be an asset, multi-provincial payroll experience would be an asset
- You are proficient with MS Office; previous experience with High Line payroll software would be an asset
Our firm is committed to providing an environment where you can be successful in the following ways:
- We enable you to engage with the firm's strategic plan, and be a key contributor to the success and growth of the firm.
- We help you be the best professional you can be in our services, industries and markets.
- Achieve your personal goals outside of the office and make an impact on your community.
Total rewards that matter: We pay for performance with competitive total cash compensation that recognizes and rewards your contribution. We provide flexible benefits from day one, and a market leading personal time off policy. We are committed to supporting your overall wellness beyond working hours, and provide reimbursement for wellness initiatives that fit your lifestyle.
Everyone counts: We believe every employee should have the opportunity to participate and succeed. Through leadership by our Chief Inclusion and Diversity Officer, we are committed to a workplace culture of respect, inclusion, and diversity. We recognize and celebrate the valuable differences among each of us, including race, religious beliefs, physical or mental disabilities, age, place of origin, marital status, family status, gender or gender identity and sexual orientation. If you require accommodation to complete the application process, please contact us.
Ready to make your mark at BDO? Click “Apply now” to send your up-to-date resume to one of our Talent Acquisition Specialists.
To explore other opportunities at BDO, check out our .