You know those big cities that still feel like small towns? Where everyone’s friendly and helps each other out? That’s like Grant Thornton. Except here we’re all professionals and there isn’t a mayor or a general store. What we’re trying to say is that we’re a large and growing professional services firm that still feels like a community. We employ over 2500 people across Canada, and we truly care about our colleagues, our clients and the communities where we work and live. That’s what’s most important to us. We’re building a thriving organization that’s purpose driven and still want to remember what your favourite milkshake flavour is.
Discover what success feels like here
If you’re a bit like us, you’re driven to connect with how others are feeling and thinking. Here we walk in others shoes before taking action. Just imagine being part of a team that puts “we before me”, where flexAbility is a mindset, and where you trust your colleagues to have your back. At Grant Thornton, you’ll work with inspiring leaders who support your development, both personally and professionally. This is a place where your insatiable curiosity enables you to think, see and hear from a variety of perspectives, a place where every day is different and having the courage to grow is part of who you are. And when all this comes together, well that’s when the magic happens!
Discover your voice within an award-winning culture
Grant Thornton has been recognized by the Great Place To Work Institute for 15 years in a row as one of Canada’s best workplaces. We were also recognized as a Great Place to Work in 2020 for Today’s Youth. This is your opportunity to experience what our culture is like for yourself!
We believe flexibility in our way of working is essential to creating a culture and environment that enables our firm to achieve our Purpose to help our clients, colleagues and communities thrive.
Discover Your Best Self
Imagine working for an organization that believes in the power of authenticity in everything that we do. Whether you’re working on a client file, lobster fishing in Nova Scotia or rock-climbing in the Rockies we want you to bring your whole self to work.
You’ll be a part of a team where leadership is shared, and your colleagues at all levels are fiercely committed to your development. As part of a global organization, with offices in more than 130 countries and across Canada, you’ll have opportunities to connect and learn globally.
As an Accountant, Privately Held Business Group [Summer Student 2023] some of your responsibilities will include:
- Developing deep client relationships by working closely with clients and providing exceptional client service
- Providing solutions to our clients on current business and financial issues
- Building our reputation as the preferred business advisors in our growing practice
- Working with clients across different industries and sectors
- Providing accounting services, including planning and executing review and compilation engagement, drafting of financial statements, financial analysis, bookkeeping and assistance with payroll and HST calculations
- Completion of personal and corporate tax returns and responding to related CRA requests for information
- You are currently pursuing your post-secondary degree and have demonstrated academic excellence
- You are committed to pursuing the CPA designation and completing the relevant pre-requisites
- Must have access to a vehicle
To become a member of one of the most dynamic firms in Canada, please submit:
- Your resume
- Cover letter
- A copy of your most recent transcripts
At Grant Thornton we’re focused on making a difference in the lives of our clients, our colleagues and our communities. That’s our purpose. Or, as we like to say, living our purple.
Are you ready to Discover Your Purple?
If you are selected to move forward in the recruiting process the first step will be for you to complete a digital interview through HireVue. Digital interviewing is a modern way to interview which sets a level playing field for all candidates. Simply record your answers to pre-set interview questions from Grant Thornton LLP using your computer and webcam, or your mobile device.
We are committed to electronically confirming with all applicants when an application has been received and to electronically notify all applicants when positions they have applied to have been filled.