Heavy Equipment Operator
Parsons has been successful in winning environmental and mining projects in Northern Canada and will be aggressively pursuing additional northern projects. We are a world-class leader in providing in-depth engineering, construction, technical, and management services. Our employees deliver landmark commercial, industrial, environmental, energy, power, and renewable infrastructure — and provide innovative solutions to complex environmental, water quality, supply, treatment, watershed, and wastewater projects. We hire colleagues with an entrepreneurial spirit who thrive on solving project challenges in a high-energy environment. Parsons is helping to build a healthier and more sustainable world.
The Heavy Equipment Operator operates heavy and light equipment to repair, maintain, and reconfigure roadways, stockpiles, and berms including loading and unloading of rock and soil. The equipment will include but not be limited to: tracked excavators, tracked bulldozers, front end loaders, backhoes, pickup trucks, and four-wheel-drive vehicles. The Heavy Equipment Operator also utilizes various towed and power-takeoff equipment attachments. May operate various types of light equipment, including but not limited to: chainsaws, brush saws, pruning saws, stump grinders. The Heavy Equipment Operator may also operate heavy trucks, utility trucks, and trailers when needed with the appropriate driver’s license.
Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Minimum two (2) years demonstrated relevant experience in the operation of the heavy equipment described above
- Computer skills -Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, etc.) are an asset
- Must be able to work in inclement weather and adverse environmental conditions
- Must be comfortable working in off-road environment, walking through rough terrain and with exposure to wildlife
- Proven ability to concentrate, pay attention to detail, organize, priority set and be a team player
- Proven understanding of safe work practices and mitigating risk
- Ability to work with little supervision and function in a multidiscipline environment
- Ability to lift up to 20 kg.
- Valid Class 5 driver’s license, Class 1 or 3 licence with air brake endorsement is an asset
Ready for action? We’re looking for the kind of people who see this opportunity and don’t hesitate to act. Parsons is a leader in the world of Technical Services and Engineering. We hire people with a broad set of technical skills who have proven experience tackling some of the greatest challenges. Take your next step and apply today.