The Village at St Clair located in Windsor, Ontario has an exciting opportunity for Personal Support Workers to join their team.
How Schlegel Villages supports our Team Members:
- Ongoing training and personal growth opportunities
- Benefits and access to our Employee Family Assistance Program
- Discounts at Village Services
- Team appreciation events
- Access to The Wilfred Schlegel Hope Fund
- Retirement Savings
Support and embrace our resident-centred social culture and be proud to deliver the highest quality of personal care to our residents. You will work as a key member of our Village and neighbourhood multidisciplinary teams to understand residents’ individual needs, and advocate for residents to actively participate in decisions about their care.
Personal Support Workers (PSW) at Schlegel Villages foster exemplary relationships with residents, their families and the Village team to deliver holistic care focusing on flexible living and quality of life.
Personal Support Workers (PSW) assist our residents with all daily living activities. They support residents with personal hygiene care, as well as basic nursing care, companionship and activities. Our PSWs know our residents and are quickly able to identify and report any changes in the resident’s well-being to the Registered Practical Nurse or Charge Nurse.
To be successful as our new Personal Support Worker (PSW), you will:
- Hold a valid PSW Certificate that is 600 hours or greater and meets the vocational standards established by the Ministry of Training, Colleges & Universities, the standards established by the National Association of Career Colleges, or the standards established by the Ontario Community Support Association OR Experience working as a PSW, PCA or equivalent based on international education and have the ability to acquire the above mentioned if requested to do so. Additional document may be requested during the initial screening process.
- Display a caring and respectful attitude toward our residents, families, and team members
- Understand the physical, mental, and emotional demands of the PSW role
- Experience working in a Long-Term Care Home setting
At Schlegel Villages we are redefining elder care through , and change, but we know the key to our Village success, and our residents’ satisfaction, is YOU and our teams.
We aspire to provide all members of our communities, including team members, with a life enriching experience. We are family owned and operated and we take our mission seriously: “to provide holistic health care in a home environment, located within an internal neighbourhood design that promotes a caring community with emphasis on optimal health and life purpose for each resident”.
We’d love to talk to you about what makes us different.
Schlegel Villages is pleased to accommodate individual needs in accordance with the Accessibility of Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 (AODA), within our recruitment process. If you require accommodation at any time throughout the recruitment process, please speak with the hiring leader.
Schlegel Villages is an equal opportunity employer and we welcome newcomers, those of visible minorities such as indigenous, youth and or new comers to Canada to apply.
Skills : Strengths Based: Novice
Customer Service: Novice
Relationship Building: Novice
Connection & Belonging: Novice
Licences & certifications Personal Supp Worker Cert