Hardt provides solutions to the supermarket and warehouse club industry, and is the exclusive supplier of rotisseries and heated display cases to over 90% of the warehouse clubs in the US. The Company is actively customer-driven as indicated by its mission to provide “Responsive, Reliable Solutions.” Hardt’s value-added services include product development and assistance in all aspects of food preparation including; staff training, safe food-handling practices, menu development and merchandising. Customers view Hardt as a partner and praise the Company for the quality of the products and depth of the service and support they receive. Hardt is presently seeking a:
The Mechanical Drafter provides drafting resources for both new product development and for the upkeep of existing product lines using PTC’s Creo 3.0 software. The Mechanical Drafter works as part of the Technical team and reports to the Vice-President of Engineering.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Produce mechanical fabrication drawings of commercial cooking and holding equipment and their related accessories using Creo 3.0;
- Produce support documentation such as Bills Of Materials, Service Drawings, Wiring Schematics;
- Create and maintain Bills of Materials within Hardt’s Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system (EPICOR);
- Contribute continuously to the improvement of Hardt’s drafting practices.
- Have a post-secondary degree in a mechanical discipline;
- Possess Canadian/US industrial or commercial experience using either PTC Creo software (minimum 2 years) or SolidWorks software (minimum 3 years);
- Must have strong working knowledge of Creo’s sheet metal module or SolidWorks equivalent (scholastic experience will not be considered);
- Possess a minimum of 3 years Canadian/US industrial or commercial experience drafting mechanical fabrication drawings (parts and assemblies);
- Must have strong working knowledge of current drafting standard ANSI Y14.5 practices and symbols, including weld symbols;
- Must have a strong understanding of GD&T convention and implementation;
- Must have a strong understanding of fastener selection and metal joining practices;
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, particularly Outlook, Word and Excel;
- Excellent English communication skills (oral and written) at the technical level. French and/or Spanish would be an asset.
- Working conditions are normal for an office environment, with some hands-on assembly work in the shop possible;
- Candidate is expected to be well organised and capable of multitasking in a dynamic environment;
- Candidate must be able to work in both independent and team environments;
- Regular hours 8:30am to 5:00pm - Monday to Friday (minimum 37.5 hours/week).
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only qualified candidates will be contacted.
*Complete benefits package offered
*Potential bonus (based on Company performance and individual performance) Hardt endorses an Equal Employment Opportunity Program and invites women, members of visible and ethnic minorities, Aboriginal people and persons with disabilities to apply. The masculine gender is used solely for the purpose of shortening the text.