Flynn is seeking a Waterproofing & Roofing Estimator to join its team. This position will be based out of our Vancouver Branch location reporting to the Waterproofing & Roofing Managers.
- Attend all pre-tender site meetings to prepare accurate estimates
- Prepare takeoffs/estimates of probable costs of materials, labour and equipment
- Prepare and follow-up on quotations and advise on tendering procedures (including examination and analyzing of tenders)
- Establish and maintain tendering process and set up cost monitoring reporting and procedures
- Order various estimating documents including but not limited to: Bid Bonds, Performance Bonds, Agreements to Bonds, tender deposits, WCB certificates, insurance certificates, CAD 7s, letters of reference and CCDC documents
- Prepare cost and expenditure statements and provide forecasts at regular intervals for the duration of a project
- Review all contracts and accepted quotations
- Write up work orders and prepare material order sheets
- Prepare and maintain a directory of product suppliers
- Consult and communicate with project managers and clients involved at all levels of a project
- Prepare construction progress schedules
- Stay aware and informed of all new materials and techniques by attending material manufacturer’s trade shows, seminars, etc.
- College diploma in industry relevant program (i.e. Construction Engineering Technology, Civil Engineering Technology, Architectural Technology) or 5 + years experience in the waterproofing/roofing industry as an estimator
- An understanding of general construction
- Previous estimating experience in the construction/waterproofing industry preferred
- Ability to read and understand construction documents and blueprints
- Strong computer skills and proficient with MS Office & specifically MS Excel
- Exceptional mathematics skillset for tabulating and converting units of measure
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced team environment
- Sales, negotiation and relationship building skills
- Problem-solving and dispute resolution skills
- Able to work independently without significant supervision
- Able to build relationships with accounts and customers
- Must have a valid driver's license
Flynn Group of Companies is the leading trade contractor in North America that works on virtually every aspect of a building’s outer layer, including roofing, glazing, waterproofing, and architectural metals. The foundation of our award winning success is having the right people on our team.
Thanks to the contributions of the most talented team in the market and a collaborative, supportive culture, Flynn has steadily grown since 1978, and continues to do so. We understand the importance of and prioritize the growth of our people too, offering many learning & development and career opportunities.
To apply to any of our current roles, please visit https://jobs.flynncompanies.com.
For more information about the Flynn Family, Flynn University and career opportunities, please visit www.flynncompanies.com.
At Flynn, it's not just a job, it's a career.