A&W Restaurants in Victoria, BC is looking for permanent full-time Assistant Manager to start immediately (location will be determined during candidacy process).
Starting salary of $36,800, depending upon experience and/or completion of in-house training. We also offer various benefits which include an extensive single or family Medical/Dental Benefit which comprises of Pharmaceuticals, Hospital Care, Paramedical, Medical Equipment, Travel, Visioncare, Long Term Disability, Basic and Optional Life, AD&D, along with an optional Group RRSP.
The Assistant Manager works together with the Manager, supervising overall shift and daily operations of the restaurant. The Assistant Manager is responsible for operating the restaurant according to A&W Standards, Provincial WCB, and Employment and Health regulations on a daily basis and would be able to continue smooth operations of the restaurant in the absence of the Manager.
Responsible for the overall operation of the restaurant. Responsible for managing the restaurant to A&W standards, Provincial WCB, Employment and health regulations.
- Balance key goals – high quality, speed of service and cost control through effective management of the operating system.
- Maintains A&W standards daily and conducts Performance reports regularly; recognizes areas for improvement and acts where improvement is needed
- Schedules staff and shift roles responsibilities
- Knowledge of climate goals and ensuring they are practiced daily
- Recruits and hires hourly staff (Participates in hiring decisions for supervisory positions in conjunction with the Manager and Area Manager)
- Trains, develops, confronts poor performance and terminates staff.
- Leads meetings
- Ensures staff safety and a healthy, motivating work environment applying Daily Climate.
- Documents critical incidents and reports them to key individuals
- Ensures monthly health and safety meetings with a restaurant walk through are being completed and takes corrective action to address any issues
- Completes daily, weekly, and period accounting administration
- Manages inventory control, ordering, cost control and weekly inventory counts
- Applies cash and food cost management principles
- Ensures that cleanliness standards and safe food handling practices are met.
- Ensures high level of service to guests through efficient preparation, stocking, and staff positioning
- Assists Manager with local store marketing
- Manages accidents or complaints, implementing service recovery program
- Ensures teams appearance is up to standard
- 2-3 years experience in a restaurant supervisory role
- Strong interpersonal skills and proven leadership with supervisory experience
- Expertise in all restaurant positions
- Complete knowledge of the Operating System
- Comprehensive knowledge of Operating Standards
- High interest in developing others
- Ability to do accounting and manage administrative aspects of the operation
- Acceptable oral and written communication skills
- Competency in Microsoft applications including Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Ability to lead meetings
- Standing and walking for extended periods.
- Some heavy lifting
Please ensure that you are providing a current resume with pertinent work experience and references. Shortlisted candidates may be required to complete a Background Check.
Candidates may apply with resume by responding to this job posting, by email: recruitment(at)christys.ca, by mail:Recruitment - A&W Victoria, 2739 30th St., Vernon, BC, V1T 5C6, or by fax: 250-275-6707. For further information regarding this posting please call 250-275-6706 during business hours. Only qualified applicants will be contacted for assessments and interviews.
Powered by JazzHR