If you're looking for an opportunity to further your career in a dedicated in-house talent acquisition and onboarding role, we'd love to hear from you! If you've proven your ability to find the best candidates across a variety of positions, know what it takes to provide the ultimate candidate experience, understand best-in-class onboarding, and are eager to join a People and Culture team that thrives on results, you're the person we're looking for!
As the Talent Acquisition & Onboarding Specialist, you'll be leading the charge on executing the team strategy & roadmap with regards to recruitment & onboarding. You'll be working closely with teams across the company to develop & implement programs and practices that ensure incredible talent within the teams. You love solving different problems, and easily make strong and lasting relationships across the organization.
The People and Culture team at Cymax Group is in a growth phase due to the exponential growth of our ecommerce business. The company is 120 team members strong and recruiting for positions across customer service, account management, software development, operations, and logistics. We're all about diversity, building high performing teams, celebrating wins, and innovating for the next level of our success.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Talent Attraction: you'll work with us to create a full strategy for attracting the best talent by evolving our employer brand, social media communications, and online reviews.
- Internal Collaboration: you'll work with our hiring managers to determine their talent needs, understand right-fit and provide direction they need throughout the recruitment process. You'll help in providing a strong interviewing framework to ensure team success.
- Full cycle recruitment. You'll work with our external recruitment partner and source talent across multiple channels, manage recruitment advertising, and develop a full in-house recruitment function
- Recruitment Process Management: screen and review applications, conduct and schedule interviews, employment verifications and references and manage the offer process.
- Onboarding: We place a high regard for successful onboarding and you'll be expected to work with new hires, their managers, and teams to ensure their early success at 30, 60, and 90 days. You'll take our onboarding program to a new level.
- Experience and Educated. You know what it takes to create a high-touch and high-tech recruitment process and candidate experience. You can track your way with an ATS, scour social media to proactively source the best, and are passionate about creating a responsive and caring candidate experience. Ideally, your experience is complimented by formal professional development in HR, possibly leading to a CPHR designation.
- More than a recruiter: You understand the full talent lifecycle and understand the importance of great onboarding and know that successful recruitment depends on it. As a people and culture specialist, you can actively engage with new hires and their managers throughout the first 90 days.
- An Agenda Setter: you're a time management keener, known for being exceptionally organized. You know how to focus your time and energy, be accountable for results, and flex to meet the demands of change.
- A Culture Advocate. You are the ultimate brand champion. You can embrace and embody our values, and take pride in representing the Cymax team online, in person, at industry events, and professional associations.
- Data Driven: While you love the people side of this important work, you have an aptitude for the data and analytics. Tracking activity and results and reporting on KPI's are essential to your success.
Based in Burnaby, BC, Cymax Group is one of North America's largest e-commerce furniture retailers with over 230,000 furniture SKUs - making us a leader in online sales for all items home and office. We pride ourselves on our unique culture, the result of impressive group of team members from all walks of life, working together to contribute to the amazing growth we've seen. With regular company socials and tons of opportunities to learn, we strive to be the most engaging office in Canada.
We're looking to hire talented people (like you!) to join our passionate team who will support you as you continue to advance your career.