JOB SCOPE/ SUMMARY:
- Create and build strong, positive, sustaining relationships with customers and Pro Desk Associates.
- Partner with Home Depot Associates to establish long-term relationships and grow the business with the Pro Contractors.
- Create brand awareness and penetration through training, facilitating, selling, and advising.
- Partner with Home Depot for timely and accurate delivery of finished goods to Contractors.
- Working safely is part of our culture and is a condition of employment.
- Prospect new Pro business within the store with continuous follow-up to drive additional sales.
- Manage on-going Contractor and Home Depot relationships. Advise and train customers of products / brands, including proper usage, features, and benefits that are best for the project.
- Focus on customer service by ensuring that service standards are maintained and customer issues are quickly and efficiently resolved. Facilitate will-call services in conjunction with Pro Desk Associates.
- Manage the delivery of products to customer sites. Maintain an understanding of local market operations based on selling habits and customer base to increase sales.
- Ensure customer orders meet all specifications. Conduct paint and/or stain color matching and making product recommendations to customers (Dot Cards Maintenance) and be the resident Color Matching expert to ensure color accuracy. Point person for Behr Pro Reps and Pro Contractors’ needs and inquiries.
- Maintain current knowledge of inventory levels, adjust inventory as needed to support on-going jobs with Home Depot and/or in store rep to make any inventory adjustments.
- Expedite the resolution of customer problems/complaints which may include coordination with the Technical Services Team.
- Promote sundry items to complement paint products
- Collaborate with all appropriate departments (Sales, Marketing, Distribution, Customer Service, etc.) to meet and exceed sales goals and report information as necessary.
- Ensure paperwork and delivery documents are properly executed, including managing and maintaining Contractor’s files, jobs, colors, and projects.
- Achieve sales plan with month to month budget review.
- Abide by all company policies and procedures and maintain a safe and ethical work environment
- High School or equivalent
- Related sales and/or customer service experience and/or training in a commercial coatings environment
- Sales, retail, or customer service experience with previous experience in a paint store or big box retail store
- Ability to follow oral or written instructions; read and acknowledge completion of work orders
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
- Knowledge of MSA Office Suites and/or software applications related to job functions
- Ability to apply common sense to carry out instructions furnished in written or verbal form
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to communicate with vendors on company products
- Knowledge of architectural coatings
- Strong selling, networking and relationship building skills
- Ability to work effectively across functions to achieve desired customer satisfaction goals
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Exceptional Negotiation skills
- Experience in Construction Trade a plus
- Experience in Salesforce CRM or similar system
- Ability to adapt approach and style to achieve account objectives
- Ability to lift 75 lbs. on a routine basis
- Work schedule - Monday to Friday
Full or Part Time
BEHR (the “Company”) is an equal opportunity employer and we want to have the best available persons in every job. The Company makes employment decisions only based on merit. It is the Company’s policy to prohibit discrimination in any employment opportunity (including but not limited to recruitment, employment, promotion, salary increases, benefits, termination and all other terms and conditions of employment) based on race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, pregnancy, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, age, physical/mental disability, medical condition, marital/domestic partner status, military and veteran status, height, weight or any other such characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. The Company is committed to complying with all applicable laws providing equal employment opportunities. This commitment applies to all persons involved in the operations of the Company regardless of where the employee is located and prohibits unlawful discrimination by any employee of the Company.
BEHR is an E-Verify employer. E-Verify is an Internet based system operated by the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) in partnership with the Social Security Administration (SSA) that allows participating employers to electronically verify the employment eligibility of their newly hired employees in the United States. Please click on the following links for more information.
E-Verify Participation Poster:
E-verify Right to Work Poster: ,