Markham Stouffville Hospital (MSH) is one of Ontario’s leading community hospitals. Across our two sites (Markham and Uxbridge) and Reactivation Care Centre (RCC), we provide high quality, patient-centred care to more than 435,000 patients each year. We offer diagnostic and emergency services and deliver clinical programs in acute care medicine and surgery, addictions and mental health, and childbirth and children’s services. We are also proud to be part of the Eastern York Region North Durham Ontario Health Team (OHT).
Our 526 physicians, 28 midwives, 2,400 staff and 1,000 volunteers serve patients and families with an honoured to care mindset and are focused on delivering an extraordinary patient experience to the residents of Markham, Whitchurch-Stouffville, Uxbridge and beyond.. We are dedicated to providing access to the right care, at the right time, in the right place by the right people and at the right cost. Are you ready to join us?
Who you are:
You are an innovative and patient centered individual who provides excellence within their profession
You are a team player with excellent communication, critical thinking and customer service skills
You have vision, flexibility, transparency, honesty and practicality
You are organized, accurate, able to multi task and meet deadlines
You support the patient experience, your colleagues and others cultural and spiritual beliefs
What we need:
Are you a compassionate RN who is focused on delivering high-quality, safe-care? If yes, we invite you to read the details below then apply. We are hiring Registered Nurses (RN) to work in our newly designated Mobile Enhancement and Support Team (MEST). This team will support community long-term care and retirement settings in clinical crisis as part of the infection, prevention and control HUB. You will be based at the Markham site, but expected to work in multiple facilities during the pandemic. MEST work once completed will transition to on site acute care within the float pool or medical unit.
Main responsibilities include:
- RN responsibilities as part of a mobile response crisis team
- RN responsibilities for general medicine, ALC and senior’s care
- Coordination of care within an interprofessional team
- Complete electronic documentation
- Mentorship for new hires and pre-grad RN nursing students
Candidates will be required to work 8 and 12 hour rotating shifts, including days (0730h-1930h), evenings (1130h - 1930h), nights (1930h - 0730h) and weekends. Schedules may change based on operational needs.
Band J: $33.59 - $48.10 per hour.
What you bring to MSH:
- Graduate from a recognized Registered Nursing program.
- Current RN registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario.
- Current BCLS certification.
- Excellent organizational skills with an ability to set priorities.
- Minimum 2 years of recent medical/ senior’s care experience is preferred.
- Experience on the LTC environment preferred.
- Critical thinking and prioritization skills required.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to problem solve with the team.
- Experience with patient health teaching.
- Demonstrate competency in a variety of skills including (but not limited to), intramuscular injections, intravenous therapy initiation and discontinuation.
- Demonstrate knowledge of IPAC practice and following outbreak protocols.
- Demonstrate adherence to the hospital’s code of conduct.
- Advance Physical Assessment Skill is required.
- Basic computer skills and Point Click Care experience is an asset.
- Knowledge of community resources.
- Excellent attendance and discipline free record required.