Penticton Regional Hospital is looking for a Casual Switchboard Operator / Registration Clerk. Apply today!
When you apply, please ensure you include the following documentation for your application to be considered:
- A current Typing Test 45 wpm or greater completed within past 48 months from a recognized institution, (ON-LINE TESTS NOT ACCEPTED);
- Your Grade 12 Diploma;
- Certificate or Official Transcript showing Proof of Completion of a Medical Terminology Course;
- Your Resume indicating one year's recent related experience, Or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience;
- A Cover Letter stating your availability to start in a new position and on-call, casual work (i.e. days of the week);
- Certificates/Diplomas/Transcripts must be from accredited Schools/Colleges/Universities.
- Operates switchboard and public address system and other paging device systems;
- Receives and directs patients and visitors;
- Responds to and monitors hospital alarms and emergency codes;
- Maintains physician on-call/vacation lists and other hospital staff;
- Patient registration;
- Admitting clerical duties with bed booking options;
- Cashier duties – receiving payments; recording payments in cash journals and/or summary sheets; and issuing change and receipts;
- Receives, checks and deposits patient valuables for safekeeping.
This is a Casual opportunity. Casual means there are no guaranteed hours and work requirements can vary from 0 – 37.5 hours per week.
Make a difference. Love your work. Apply today!
Interior Health strives to create an environment where you enjoy the work you do, the place where you work, and the people around you. Everyone plays a role in the care continuum. Together, we create great workplaces. Be part of a dynamic team!
Come and join us! Our focus is on giving people room to grow, to make an impact in the lives of others.
Education, Training and Experience:
- Grade 12,
- Two year's recent related experience, Or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience
- Completion of a Typing Test 45 wpm or greater, dated within the past 48 months and must be issued from a valid institution only. (ON-LINE TESTS NOT ACCEPTED)
The NationTalk Project