Canadian Tire Corporation’s (CTC) rich heritage of serving Canadians from coast-to-coast dates back to 1922. Our vision is to become the #1 retail brand in Canada by 2022 and we are focused on innovating and making important investments in our business, especially when it comes to our people. To reach our goal, we need the best talent to help us evolve and drive change across the business – and boldly help shape Canada’s retail industry. As we strive to be at the forefront of a complex and vastly changing retail industry, it is an exciting time to join the Canadian Tire family of companies.
Vendor Management Analyst - Canadian Tire Corporation
Our IT team plays a critical role in our evolution, specifically as we transition to an omni-retailer where digital complements the physical. Our commitment to being a world-class digital organization is evident in how we are using cutting-edge technologies to bring our digital strategy to life in-store, online and on your mobile devices, ultimately improving customer experiences, driving traffic, and boosting loyalty across our family of companies.
IT Vendor Management (ITVM) has the accountability to manage the governance of IT vendors (software and hardware), business application service providers and consulting services that deploy and recommend technology that are or can be common to all business units including their selection, negotiation of contracts and the management of contractual relationships.
Reporting to the Manager of Strategic Sourcing, the Strategic Sourcing Analyst position is responsible for project related technology and service acquisitions, as well as management of vendor relationships. The Strategic Sourcing Analyst will work with the enterprise to understand the procurement requirements and lead agile sourcing methodology, including determination of the evaluation and negotiation strategies for assigned projects.
What you’ll do
- Sourcing and contracting for any IT related purchases, including software, hardware and consulting services of low to medium complexity for deals up to $5M. Shadow VM Specialists on more complex (e.g managed services, Saas/Cloud, hosting) contract negotiations and drafting activities
- Use standard technology contracts and liaise with internal and external legal counsel to finalize contracts. Negotiate business terms and conditions. Facilitate the contracting process following compliance review processes (Security, Contract Intake Form, tax, Privacy).
- Assist the Strategic Sourcing Specialists or Consultant in various sourcing and contracting tasks or projects.
- Work collaboratively with all business areas and the IT organization to contract solutions that successfully meet business priorities. Facilitate information flow between Canadian Tire Corporation business units and vendors.
- Contribute to, and demonstrate, the value of IT Vendor Management services for each project, working with the objective of increasing the use of IT Vendor Management services. Ensure that the IT Vendor Management Lifecycle is followed, and industry practices are introduced throughout the project lifecycle. This includes performing a Project Management role in sourcing, negotiations, and contracting MCAs, MSAs, Order Forms, etc.
- Work with the IT Operational teams to ensure contract terms, Service Level Agreements and escalations are understood throughout the sourcing/contracting phase and communicate their ownership of the contract upon execution.
- Populate Vendor Portfolios provided by Specialist/Manager. Monitor vendor performance, collect team member SME input, and communicate portfolio updates to appropriate team members.
- Identify and execute opportunities for procurement cost reduction and value-added services.
- Create, analyze, group, and interpret technology-related data. Provide ad-hoc reporting and analysis as required. Use industry research services to identify trends and techniques. Develop and analyze various reports for metrics tracking.
- Analyze and summarize Dun & Bradstreet reports for the VM team, as requested .
- Work with Finance to complete financial due diligence, perform lease/buy analysis and ensure appropriate financial treatments and contractual he enterprise commitments are approved and reported.
- Work with eTAM (IT Asset Management) to ensure assets procured are reported and requisitions are completed to ensure timely delivery of Purchase Orders to vendors.
- Excellent communication skills (i.e. providing regular updates, exhibiting leadership capabilities.
- Complete tasks assigned through the Service Management workload tool, prepare reporting as requested.
- Update VM SharePoint Site, including organizing Contract repository. Update ITVM Workplace Group (Facebook at Work).
We are looking for individuals who are:
- Creative and courageous, with the ability to manage in an environment of change and ambiguity to help us take bold, strategic moves in this rapidly evolving retail environment
- Action oriented, and comfortable taking calculated risks to better serve our customers and business
- Outcome focused, critical thinkers with the ability to analyze and visualize, to ensure continuous improvement across our entire business
- Collaborative team players with superior influencing skills, who build relationships easily across various stakeholder groups to move initiatives forward
What you bring
- University degree, College/Technical Institute diploma, or equivalent work experience
- Ideally individual would have performed one co-op term within Information Technology Vendor Management
- Working knowledge of large-scale data processing hardware and software environments, and relevant industry trends
- Knowledge of current technologies and services such as Software-as-a-Service (SAAS), Cloud and Outsourcing
- Exceptional skills in facilitating meetings, interviewing, and influencing others
- Strong leadership skills and presence, remarkable sense of accountability and a demonstrated ability in constructing a highly credible roadmap
- Ability to develop credibility and maintain relationships with all levels of management, business partners and vendors
- Reference Checks
- Criminal Background Checks
Canadian Tire and its family of companies are boldly shaping retail in Canada and we continue to deliver a positive experience for our customers. As one of the most trusted brands in Canada, our employees take pride in the work we do across the country. It’s more than the iconic triangle that keeps our employees around. From benefits and perks, to learning and development opportunities, to our commitment to Jumpstart – these are some of the many reasons why Canadian Tire Corporation is one of .
To learn more about this team and the Canadian Tire family of companies follow us on .