WHO WE ARE: Paradigm is an innovative, flexible, leading-edge Business Process Outsourcing (BPO) company. As Canada’s leading mortgage outsourcing company, Paradigm’s mandate is to enable new and existing lenders with a cost effective mortgage operation solution that can quickly respond to market conditions, lead the market in innovation and ultimately provide mortgage consumers with great choice, vastly improving their mortgage experience.
PARADIGM CULTURE: Paradigm is committed to open and honest communication with our staff. We believe by being transparent, truthful and sincere, we can serve each other and our clients with integrity. Our culture can be summed up in one word: family. We work hard at creating an exceptional professional family here at Paradigm and do not take it for granted. Every initiative, new hire, company event and daily activities are focused on maintaining and fostering our Paradigm family because we know that our employees are undoubtedly the key to our success.
THE OPPORTUNITY: As a member of the Credit Operations team, you will be responsible for reviewing and analyzing incoming applications to ensure they are complete and comply with established credit policies.
Role Specific Accountabilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Verify/validate all required mortgage/client information relative to a ‘full service’ environment
- Provide timely and accurate credit decisions to mortgage originators
- Gather and document necessary reports about the applicant such as credit history, income status etc.
- Assist other underwriters with questions or concerns regarding the approval or rejection of a loan application
- Negotiate, structure and evaluate mortgage applications with the defined scope of approval authority
- Prepare recommendations from residential loans that are over defined scope of approval limit and present submissions to the appropriate team member
- Ensures awareness and compliance of all aspects of the QA program
- Maintain knowledge of all applicable underwriting guidelines
- University/College degree in related field preferred
- Minimum 3 years experience performing all underwriting procedures in accordance with established laws and regulations
- Direct express system experience is considered an asset
- AMP designation/in progress is considered an asset
- Mortgage Broker license considered an asset
- Customer Service focused
- Flexible and adaptable / able to multi-task under pressure
- Excellent communication skills
- Proven ability to meet deadlines
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word/Access/PowerPoint/Excel
- Working knowledge of Internet and Email Applications (Outlook/Outlook Express)
- Excellent judgment / must be able to make independent decisions
- Above average analytical skills
- Self-Motivated / proactive mindset
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Excellent organizational skills and analytical skills
- Detail oriented
- Sense of humour