Tangent Animation strives to find solid team players that thrive on collaboration and community commitment to build open source capabilities. Tangent Animation is currently recruiting for a Lighting and Look Development TD to work collaboratively with our studio team.
Duties and responsibilities
- Design workflows and tools to improve the performance and efficiency of the lighting and shading departments
- Prototyping quickly ideas as "proof of concept" for new tool developments
- Support the lighting and shading departments with quick technical issues
- Maintain and troubleshoot bugs on existing custom pipeline tools
- Attention to detail when implementing tools and new systems workflows.
- Proficiency with multiple industry-specific software packages (Maya, Blender, Houdini, Zbrush, Substance Painter/Designer, nuke etc.)
- Reporting to the department supervisors and CG Supervisors to help design solutions and workflow
- 5+ year experience as a Technical director, Lighter or Lookdev artist in the industry a plus
- Kepp up-to-date with new advances in "industry-specific technical developments"
- Proficiency in python scripting
- Experience with direct attribute manipulation in Houdini or Katana a plus
- Knowledge of Houdini HDA or Katana Macro creation a plus
- Proficiency in PyQt scripting a plus
- Strong understanding of pipeline workflow interaction between the studio departments (modeling, layout, animation, surfacing, cfx, effects and lighting)
Great company culture, with a team that is very technically proficient, highly motivated & excited to work on projects that will change the industry
Competitive health and dental benefits
Tangent Animation is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodation upon request for candidates taking part in the recruitment process.
We thank you for your interest, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted