Brandt is looking for a highly skilled and motivated Purchaser 2 – Power Systems to support our development and manufacturing teams in the sourcing of Power System components and parts. These could include specific parts related to one of many industries we service (Ag, Construction, Custom Manufacturing, Machine Conversations, Attachments, and Trailers). This role will report to our Purchasing Manager – Power Systems and in parallel be an active sourcing resource supporting our various Engineering/Manufacturing groups within Brandt.
She/he will be a member of our Supply Chain Organization supporting the development, implementation and management of strategies to provide Brandt with optimal risk management, pricing, and delivery performance. The Purchaser 2 builds and leverages strong working relationships with our engineering/manufacturing teams and key suppliers to assure cost, quality, and delivery targets are met. They will work towards good supplier relationships and total costs of ownership to achieve maximum advantage for Brandt and our customers.
Success in the role will be achieved through application of strategic purchasing concepts, and through effective management of the global relationships required to satisfy operational demands. Required Skills
- Post-Secondary education in Business Administration, engineering, economics, or related field.
- Supply Chain Management Designation (SCMP preferred).
- 5 or more years of procurement experience.
- Expertise in the strategic purchasing of various commodities related to Hydraulics, Electronics, and Components
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Extensive experience in ERP systems, and working knowledge of MS Office software, esp. Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- Lead RFP process ensuring all commercial terms are agreed and documented.
- Ensures NDA, Supply Agreements are positioned appropriately before business is initiated.
- Lead price negotiation processes to ensure that Brandt’s commodity pricing are best in class.
- Lead continual cost reduction and avoidance initiatives through ad hoc price negotiations.
- Consolidate spend across supply base to create leverage, analyze purchasing trends and develop sourcing alternatives.
- Identify new high potential suppliers on global basis.
- Manage respective supplier relationships and performance, including but not limited to dispute resolution.
- Lead the vendor selection process with engineering/manufacturing teams.
Brandt Group of Companies