Job Title: Project Manager 2
Location: Vancouver, BC
Duration: 12 Months
- Responsible for medium sized, complex projects
- Provides overall direction to the formulation, development, implementation and delivery of a project. Plans and manages all aspects of a project including, but not limited to, scope, execution, and budget
- Manages projects comprised of multiple sub-projects and tasks. Evaluates project deliverable changes and determines their impact on related and interdependent tasks and projects
- Develops detailed project plans. Monitors and controls project plan. Conducts status reviews with team leaders and management.
- Identifies variances and initiates corrective action to stay on target.
- Resolves and/or ensures appropriate resolution of all business and technical issues
- Identifies and manages risks associated with the project. Develops and executes contingency plan
- Negotiates changes in scope, budget or calendar with Project Owner and/or management
- Performs analysis of schedule, regarding resources, costs and task completion.
- Maintains effective communication of status with Project Owner, management, and the team
- The ability to lead, collaborate, and influence cross functional teams
- A fast learner who have a passion for exploring innovative ideas, and can drive changes through process improvements
- Outstanding organization and coordination skills, and demonstrated ability to build relationships and work collaboratively in a team environment with both internal and external parties
- The ability to manage multiple assignments simultaneously and work well in a matrix organization
- Ability to work under tight deadlines, and can thrive in a fast-paced and continuously changing environment
- Knowledge of Project Management Principles – demonstrated experience with Project Management Methodologies, processes and artifacts
- Knowledge of Lean, Six Sigma, Agile or other process improvement methodologies would be an asset
- Experience in developing, launching or supporting customer facing programs; clearly understand the perspective of our customers
The Consumer Connected Home team is looking for a Project Manager to join the Smarthome Security (SHS) Products & Services team. You will join a growing team with the chance to influence the development and implementation of SHS products. If you are interested in building new products and tools, managing projects with cross-functional teams, and ownership of new and creative projects, you should apply to this role.
You will utilize your project management expertise to manage scope, schedule, and budget of projects across the SHS portfolio. A broad stakeholder group will rely on your organization and leadership skills to lead projects from idea conception through to launch. You will build and maintain integrated project plans to track the delivery and execution of deliverables across streams. You’re also comfortable working in a fast-paced environment, and a motivated self-starter with a keen interest in and aptitude for learning the business and product related opportunities.
Team size and environment: ~12 people under the Smarthome Security team
Tundra Technical Solutions would like to thank you for the interest you have demonstrated in this opportunity. However, only candidates with the required skills will be contacted.
Tundra Technical Solutions is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We welcome and encourage diversity in our workplace.
Not interested in this position, but know somebody who might be? Check out our Referral Reward Program, referrals are a big secret behind our success. As always, we’re on the lookout for great people. And we know that you know great people. Simply click on ‘Tell a Friend’ option to refer a friend.
Tundra Technical Solutions is among North America’s leading providers of Information Technology and Engineering staffing and consulting services. Our success and our clients’ success are built on a foundation of service excellence. Rather than continually trying to sell to new clients and companies and simply filling databases with candidates, we focus on developing stronger relationships and deeper knowledge of our existing clients’ challenges and opportunities.
Open ears. Open minds. Open futures
The Tundra team has over 60 years of experience, from a wide variety of disciplines – recruiting executives, business owners and technical consultants. Our combined experience ensures that your needs are covered from every possible direction.
PM, Lean, Six Sigma, Agile