You have an opportunity to play a key role in this success story as our:
Manager, Pricing and Market Access
The Manager, Pricing & Market Access works to optimize pricing for Purdue assets and assists with securing reimbursement (drug plan listings) for new and existing products. This role will develop pricing strategies for in-market and pipeline products while maintaining compliance with PMPRB regulations and will lead aspects of the payer submission process from submission development through to successful negotiation of a listing agreement.
- Pricing Strategy: Develops pricing strategies, determines launch pricing and post-launch price changes for all new and in-market drug products based on multiple inputs including:
- Consultations with internal stakeholders such as Brand, Medical and Market Access Management to develop value propositions and pricing direction.
- Reviews of market data to ensure pricing is competitive to optimize coverage objectives.
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge of federal and provincial price regulations.
- Communicates with federal agencies and insurers to ensure compliance and acceptance of price changes - while maintaining coverage.
- Pricing Compliance with the PMPRB: Coordinates all submissions to and ongoing direct communication with the PMPRB for patented products.
- Manages semi-annual price reporting requirements, ongoing regulatory requirements, issues management and launch product submissions to the PMPRB.
- Proactively develops mitigation plans for any potential pricing issues.
- Maintains an up-to-date knowledge of current and future regulations.
- Reimbursement Submissions & Drug Plan Listing Agreements: Leads or supports the development and delivery of submission documents to health technology assessment agencies (i.e. CDR, INESSS) and provincial drug and private plans. Helps to execute the pCPA negotiation strategy and leads or supports (depending on jurisdiction) the pull through to individual drug plan listing agreements.
- Develops work-back plans to ensure submission requirements are timelines are met.
- Creates or oversees the creation of clinical and/or economic document requirements.
- Coordinates cross functional reviews and approval (as needed) for submission documentation.
- Participates in pre- and post-submission meetings with customers.
- Executes the pCPA negotiation strategy through regular meetings with the lead negotiator.
- Leads or helps facilitate listing agreements with the federal, provincial and territorial public drug plans through meetings and correspondence with drug plans.
- Asset Team Responsibilities: Participates in asset team meetings, brand planning and life cycle sessions to ensure cross functional alignment and support (budget/resources) for pricing and market access plans.
- Presents market access opportunities and challenges and solicits team feedback.
- Identifies risks and develops mitigation strategies.
- Brings awareness of the external pricing and reimbursement environment factors that would impact the brand.
- University degree in Science or Business, Advanced Degrees considered an asset.
- Strong understanding of pharmaceutical pricing, public and private reimbursement.
- 5+ years of pharmaceutical work experience in Pricing/Market Access.
- Ability to foster trust and respect to lead, motivate, collaborate, negotiate and influence the decision-making of internal and external stakeholders.
- Strong communication capabilities, including verbal, written and presentation skills.
- Ability to collaborate and influence external customers and cross-functional teams.
- Entrepreneurial and innovative mindset with proven capabilities of implementing new approaches, breaking convention, and thinking differently.
- Ability to maintain priorities and meet deadlines in a quick-changing and high-energy environment.
- Analytical and quantitative skills with a high attention to detail.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel.