We’re a mission-driven leader in medical technology and solutions with a legacy of integrity and innovation. Be a part of a community of experts committed to ensuring quality, affordable healthcare worldwide.
Come strengthen your specialized skills and enhance your expertise. We’ll support you with the training, mentorship, guidance, and networks you need to advance, and empower you to work in the way that’s best for you.
Together, we can confront the challenges that will change the face of healthcare. Join us for a career that change lives.
The Environment, Health and Safety Specialist for Medtronic’s Caesarea site is responsible for managing the efforts and effectiveness of the health and safety programs at this location for it’s 400 employees.
A Day in the Life
Responsibilities may include the following and other duties may be assigned.
- Develops, administers and implements environmental, health, and safety programs in accordance with governmental requirements.
- Monitors pollution prevention activities, compliance and auditing efforts.
- Conducts studies and prepares environmental impact reports for new construction projects, and permit changes.
- Reviews and analyzes environmental documentation issued by regulatory agencies; collaborates with regulatory agencies to determine corrective action plans.
- Determines impact on company operations and publishes compliance strategies and requirements.
- Evaluates proposed regulations to determine financial, industrial, public and environmental impact.
- Interacts with regulators to resolve compliance issues.
- Identifies and takes corrective action against activities that pose potential threats to workers’ health or safety, which may include recommending organizational measures to protect workers’ safety through revised methods, processes, or materials; inspecting workplace environments, equipment, and/or practices to ensure compliance with standards and regulations; and investigating and/or identifying causes regarding filed incidents.
- May provide/promote employee awareness/training on matters of environmental, health, and safety.
- 3+ years experience in leading safety, occupational health and environment in a global company, preferbaly in the medical devide or pharma industry
- Certified Safety Officer
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, advance knowledge in excel and PPT.
- Organized with a rigorous attention to detail, drive for excellence, and a positive “can-do” approach
- Self-starter, comfortable taking initiative and project managing multiple projects at once
- Very strong interpersonal and communication skills in Hebrew and in English
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with ability to work independently and collaboratively
Together, we can change healthcare worldwide. At Medtronic, we push the limits of what technology, therapies and services can do to help alleviate pain, restore health and extend life. We challenge ourselves and each other to make tomorrow better than yesterday. It is what makes this an exciting and rewarding place to be.
We want to accelerate and advance our ability to create meaningful innovations - but we will only succeed with the right people on our team. Let’s work together to address universal healthcare needs and improve patients’ lives. Help us shape the future.
The physical demands described within the Responsibilities section of this job description are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to be independently mobile. The employee is also required to interact with a computer and communicate with peers and co-workers.
At Medtronic, you will find a diverse team of innovators who bring their unique backgrounds and their individual life experiences to work every day. We work hard to cultivate a workforce that reflects our patients and partners, we believe it’s the only way to drive healthcare forward. We want to attract a diverse workforce, regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state or local law. Join us, and bring the power of your point of view to our culture of collaboration and innovation. It is through strong diversity, inclusion and engagement that we can remain a leader in medical technology and solutions. And by embracing everything you have to offer —your unique perspectives, talents and contributions —we can live up to the promise of our Mission
- Posting Date: Aug 14, 2021
- Travel: No