Our team is at the heart of creating and deploying 360 innovative outreach strategies and executives programs for TELUS exciting growth portfolios such as TELUS Health and TELUS Agriculture as well as our business and consumer telecom portfolios nationally.
You would be collaborating with a national team of passionate communicators who bring TELUS' social mission to life to create better human outcomes by leveraging technology.
As part of our Communications team, you share our passion for:
- Working in a collaborative and fast-paced environment •Showcasing TELUS' unique culture and mission by positioning the way we create better health and food outcomes •Delivering exceptional executive communications that inform, engage and inspire •Embracing a business-ownership mindset and culture of continuous learning Position overview
- Develop and implement best-in-class communications that support our business strategy and the needs of the executive leadership team •Create communication strategies, programs, tactics and metrics for the EVP to enhance, inform and engage audiences, drive business priorities and elevate the company's brand •Lead communications best practices within the organization, demonstrating C-suite-level expert writing skills, a broad and deep understanding of the business •Produce and edit a broad range of high-quality communications, including speeches, presentations, articles, executive briefings, events speaking notes, announcements, targeting a variety of external and internal audiences such as clients, shareholders and key stakeholders •Demonstrate superior client service and guidance for our executive leadership team •Take a consultative approach in dealing with our sophisticated senior level audience, as well as with other key internal and external audiences •Work in collaboration with other teams to provide senior leaders with communications, program and event support that aligns with business priorities and employee engagement objectives •Ensure authentic, timely and consistent communications in support of significant corporate programs and events •Work very closely with our Internal Communications, Investor Relations, Government Relations and Public Relations teams •Execute best practice project management in the context of cross-functional teams
Required knowledge and skills
- Exceptional C-suite-level writing, editing, proof-reading, researching and storytelling skills for external and internal messaging •Strong ability to analyze and summarize, and skilled in grasping and articulating complex situations and issues •Proven ability to learn an executive's voice and write compelling and effective speeches, communications, strategic correspondence, blog posts, opinion pieces, award submissions and other communications •A deep understanding of technology and telecommunications or related technology domains •You should have an analytical mind and creative spirit, attention to detail and the ability to tackle tasks big and small while and keeping calm under pressure, and dedication to driving demonstrable results •Demonstrated ability to manage ambiguity and make the best decision based on the information available in a fast-paced and fluid environment •Success in developing and implementing both proactive and reactive strategic communication plans •Superior client service and consultative approach to managing a demanding and sophisticated audience at the organization's most senior levels and across all teams •Exceptional organizational skills and the ability to prioritize effectively in order to balance competing interests •Ability to understand, analyze and optimize complex business problems, issues and challenges •Technical ability to create and distribute digital communications using a variety of software programs •Keen observer of the general business environment, industry trends, competitive and regulatory issues and current affairs as they may relate to TELUS, as well as knowledge of the issues facing the telecommunications sector in Canada and internationally •Project management expertise, with the ability to effectively engage diverse & remote teams and to maintain a view of both the overall picture and the important details •Understanding of TELUS' brand, values and corporate priorities Required experience
- Extensive experience in a senior communications role interacting with senior corporate executives •Minimum of 10 years' experience working in corporate communications/internal communications/financial communications •Experienced with corporate and financials speech writing •Advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Office, Google collaboration tools and other digital communications technology products •University degree in Communications, Journalism, Writing, or Public Relations or equivalent experience •Working knowledge in the technology industry is an asset Great-to-haves
- French proficiency is a major asset •Additional post-secondary education and Accredited Business Communicator designation are considered assets •Graphic design skills for corporate presentations •Familiarity with the telecommunications sector is an asset Who is TELUS?
Everyone belongs at TELUS. It doesn't matter who you are, what you do or how you do it, at TELUS, your unique contribution and talents will be valued and respected. Because the more diverse perspectives we have the more likely we are to crack the code on what our customers want and our communities need.
Do you share our passion?
At TELUS, you create future friendly® possibilities.
At TELUS, we are committed to diversity and equitable access to employment opportunities based on ability.
The #1 Podcast for Jobseekers
#18 - Daily Hive - Karm Sumal - Work Hard & Aim For Big Goals
Interested in jobs like this?
Sign up for email alerts
TELUS (TSX: T, NYSE: TU) is Canada's fastest-growing national telecommunications company, with $12.3 billion of annual revenue and 13.9 million customer connections, including 8.4 million wireless ...