Dare to join Englobe
Englobe, and it’s more than 2,600 people, concerned about the environment daily, engaged in sustainable engineering, process soils and biomass, and manage the quality and integrity of assets.
At Englobe, we adopt innovative, human-centred management. We welcome new ideas and are open to discussion. We are determined to succeed in partnership with our teams.
- A full range of benefits (group insurance with shared costs upon hiring, group RRSP)
- An annual reimbursement of sports expenses
- Opportunities for skills development
- Flexible hours and ability to compress working hours
- Internal policy to encourage teleworking
As a Geotechnical Engineer in Training, you will work in collaboration with the geotechnical team and your main responsibilities will be:
- Assisting Senior and Intermediate Engineering staff in the implementation of projects;
- Coordinating and performing field and laboratory work; including:
- Geotechnical site investigations either through manual methods, geotechnical drilling, excavated test pits, and/or geophysical methods;
- Completing pre-construction and post-construction condition surveys of properties;
- Installation, commissioning, manual reading, monitoring, and maintenance of geotechnical instrumentation, in addition to wiring, connection and maintenance of both manual and remote datalogger networks;
- Deployment and maintenance of vibration and noise monitoring stations;
- Construction inspection and supervision;
- Construction QA/QC including compaction testing, concrete testing, and asphalt testing;
- General use and maintenance of lab and field equipment; and,
- Participating in sample receipt, handling and storage control.
- Geotechnical analysis and modelling of slopes, settlements, and foundations using industry standard software;
- Generating deliverable documentation including technical reports and letters, summaries, data sheets, graphs, proposals and qualification packages;
- Ensuring technical quality of studies and project delivery;
- Interacting with clients, regulators and subcontractors regularly including presenting and discussing outcomes with clients and project teams;
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and able to carry out assignments with minimal supervision;
- Assisting with networking initiatives to develop new business and client relationships;
- Remaining flexible to travel to various locations.
- Apply and promote Englobe’s health and safety rules
- Degree in Civil, Geotechnical, or Geological Engineering;
- Eligibility for eventual Professional Engineering (P.Eng.) designation in Ontario;
- Solid understanding of provincial and federal regulatory requirements;
- Ability to read engineering drawings and maps;
- Background in geotechnical analysis;
- Strong understanding of construction activities; and,
- Valid provincial driver’s license required.