Job Type: Temporary, initial term 3 months, with possible extension.
Compensation: From $36.77/hour, according to experience.
Hours: Regular day time hours; 36.25 hour work week.
Location: Combination of remote-work and onsite attendance at client’s office, at a downtown Toronto location on TTC line, with robust social distancing protocols in place. Work week will consist of 2-3 days remote work and 2-3 days in office as required.
- To review, record and analyze data from organization’s investment portfolios, drawing information from the reports of several investment firms as well as in-house investment portfolio.
- To liaise with external investment managers to obtain investment portfolio performance and other financial information for the purpose of organization’s year-end reporting.
- To clarify and address any identified issues through conducting various financial accounting analyses and reconciling and monitoring information from various accounts.
- To investigate problem areas, perform in-depth reviews and summaries of financial data, and identify any risks to performance against established objectives.
- To ensure financial information complies with government policies, procedures and audit/documentation requirements; assessing the impact of emerging accounting issues & policies.
- To capture this information in a centralized financial reporting system using Microsoft Dynamics Great Plains ERP (MSDynamics GP), utilizing MSDynamics GP templates to prepare detailed reports on financial data for a variety of needs (e.g. forecasting and re-forecasting, financial planning and estimates process, budget development process, proposed in-year budget changes and re-allocations).
- To review, refresh and improve the organization's current investment portfolio reporting templates using MS Dynamics GP.
- To consult with and advise individual external investment portfolio managers on the establishment of an efficient means of capturing their investment portfolio information into the organization’s centralized internal MSDynamics GP investment portfolio reporting system.
- To document improvements to these enhanced investment portfolio reporting and analysis business processes, and MSDynamics GP reporting templates, as they are identified.
- To apply the knowledge obtained from this initiative to the organization’s overall accounting and financial reporting systems and processes, and to make recommendations to senior management on broader improvements to these organizational financial reporting policies, procedures and reporting templates.
- To document these improved procedures in order to update and enhance an overall accounting and finance policy and procedures manual for general, ongoing use by the organization's accounting and finance department.
- To liaise and consult with the organization’s accounting and finance department team members to further refine and develop these financial reporting and analysis processes, tools and templates.
- To initiate the development of an updated and enhanced accounting and financial reporting policy and procedures manual for broad organizational use, to ensure ongoing consistency and continuity of organization’s financial reporting and analysis policies and procedures.
- CPA (CGA, CMA, CA) designation.
- 7+ years of relevant experience in financial reporting and analysis.
- Expertise in financial reporting concepts and practices including fiscal reporting cycle, financial statement preparation, analytical review, accrual accounting, account reconciliation and procedures related to various financial statement elements (e.g. bank reconciliations, accounts receivable, collection, capital assets and depreciation, leases).
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of financial management, accounting and program analysis, with a particular knowledge of budget preparation, forecasting, reporting and control mechanisms. Knowledge of financial management processes and relevant financial directives and guidelines.
- Knowledge of methods, techniques and systems for management and reporting of financial and accounting data and knowledge of database management
- Proficiency in MSDynamics GP (will be tested).
- Expert level MS Excel proficiency (will be tested).
- Strong research, business and financial analysis skills to obtain, review and analyze information from a wide range of digital and hard copy documentation sources.
- Strong analysis and synthesis skills to identify/highlight any policy and procedural issues.
- Excellent advisory and consultative skills to liaise with, obtain information from, and present complex findings (such as the financial impact of complex submissions and transactions) to both financial and nonfinancial audiences.
- Experience in the design and implementation of financial systems and processes.
- Strong business process writing skills.
- Excellent project management skills, with proven ability to work to deadlines and cooperate with and encourage other project team members to meet project milestones.
- Excellent judgement and proven track record of diplomacy and professional acuity to participate in and lead consultative processes and stakeholder meetings.
- Satisfactory criminal background check, professional credentials verification, and employment references.
Please note that Marberg Staffing updates job posts regularly, and external job boards may not reflect these changes in a timely fashion. Please refer to for the most current information including salary range.
Please note that Marberg Staffing only accepts applications through , and .