$20-$25/hr (depending on experience).
The Yukon Conservation Society (YCS) is an environmental non-profit organization, established in 1968 - making us one of the oldest in Canada. Over the decades, YCS has collaborated with communities, First Nation governments and other environmental organizations on many conservation wins in the territory. Our staff, Board and volunteers are experts in their fields – Energy, Mining, Forestry, Wildlife, and Outdoor Education – and are committed to staying on the cutting edge of research and training so that YCS continues to be a respected voice for the Yukon's wildlife, land and water.
Reporting to the YCS Executive Director, the Financial Manager is responsible for keeping the society's finances running smoothly. From paying the bills, working with Program staff to design financially sound projects, collaborating with the Executive Director to build and manage budgets, to presenting quarterly updates to the Board of Directors, the Financial Manager has a say in everything that happens at YCS. This is a job that requires attention to detail, creativity, and of course, a head for numbers. Are you up for the challenge?
Financial Management (70%)
- Provide full bookkeeping services for YCS
- Work with the Executive Director to develop, manage and monitor the organizational budget
- Provide financial and budget support to program staff
- Prepare financial reports to funders
- Work with the Executive Director to develop major donor funding program
- Be the daily ambassador to the organization, responding to phone and e-mail inquiries and welcoming walk-in visitors
- Prepare reports to fulfil obligations re: Yukon Government Societies Act
- Prepare reports to Revenue Canada re: Charitable Status
- Ensure office equipment, internet and email functionality are maintained
- Be part of the YCS team! Represent YCS at public events and attend staff meetings to shape strategy (and ground our wild brainstorming in fiscal reality)
- Provide quarterly financial reports to the Board
- Organize the Annual General Meeting and present financial reports to membership
- Attend Executive Council meetings and Board meetings as required
- Strong familiarity with Sage 50 bookkeeping software
- Experience with bookkeeping duties for non-profits highly desirable
- Experience with Microsoft Office programs: Outlook, Excel, Word, Access
- Experience developing budgets and controlling expenditures
- Strong initiative and ability to manage multiple projects
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong time management skills and ability to meet internal and external deadlines
- The opportunity to work with and learn from talented and passionate professionals.
- A work environment that supports and encourages creativity, professional development, action and speaking your mind.
- The chance to make a difference in one of the wildest places in the country.
How To Apply:
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send a cover letter and resume to the email below. While we greatly appreciate your interest in working with us, only those candidates shortlisted for an interview will be contacted. Best of luck!
You must to bookmark this listing.
Apply For job
Upload Resume (optional)
Upload your resume or any other relevant file. Max. file size: 8 MB.
Are you human?
You can apply to this job and others using your online resume. Click the link below to submit your online resume and email your application to this employer.