CaseWare is the great, Toronto- headquartered technology company you’re going to hear more and more about, as we continue to evolve our products and grow our team. We are a product driven company, supporting accounting firms, corporations, and governments. With innovation, efficiency, quality and value in mind, we build market software solutions for auditors that push the technological boundaries in the industry. With a global reach, today our solutions enable business critical work for users in 130 countries and in 16 spoken languages. We have a track record of success building great products and teams by always putting our customers first, and have over 30 years of deep expertise in the space. CaseWare is now in our next growth phase and needs incredible talent- like you.
The long and short: We are building great products to support customers we care deeply about. To do that we need incredible talent. Interested? Read more below on how you can be a part of the CaseWare journey.
A bit about the role & team | the opportunity:
As CaseWare continues to evolve in the Software as a Service workspace we are looking for people who can help us on this journey. The Smart Engagements team is responsible for building a feature-rich business-critical application that also serves as a platform for third-party development.
Highlight of your responsibilities:
[impossible to highlight everything, but this gives you a solid glimpse]
- Own features from design through to implementation
- Work in an agile team with other developers, testers and product owner to build an innovative, high quality, scalable solution
- Participate in the team’s on-call rotation and take initiative to respond to operational issues.
- Research and explore new technologies, code libraries and products we may wish to integrate with
We are looking for someone who has
[you won’t see words like max of min years of experience down below. What you will see is value in YOUR experiences and mindset ]
- Senior level experience in Java development
- Experience with complex projects in the public cloud
- Strong OOP skills
- Strong initiative to improve processes, tools, methodologies and product quality
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- B.Sc. in Computer Science or equivalent education / work experience
- Microservice architecture experience
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Experience with NoSQL databases
- Client development experience (HTML, Typescript, Angular)
- Understanding of Accounting, Auditing or Financial concepts
Why join CaseWare:
[You’ve made it this far; you must be intrigued! Thanks for reading - here’s a bit more on our culture. We believe new team members have the opportunity to positively impact the business and our culture]
At the heart of CaseWare is our unique culture, which lays the foundation for who we are, what we do, and where we are going. In this digital age, driving innovation involves transforming the way people think and act. With this in mind, Caseware is committed to three core values—Community, Excellence, and Innovation. These values support our vision, informs our culture, our behavior and enables us to provide our clients with greater efficiency, quality, and value.
To give you an idea of what we mean, here are our core values:
- Have fun creating great customer experiences
- Your work is a reflection of you
- Celebrate us all the time
- Ego is the enemy
- Impossible – What’s that?
- S* happens – adjust and learn
- Don’t be afraid of chaos and discomfort
- Do what you say & say what you mean
- Give abundantly to your family, team and communities
At CaseWare, we embrace difference. We believe that getting to the best outcomes requires diverse perspectives and backgrounds. We create space where all voices can be heard so that we can all do our best work. We’re committed to openness, curiosity and creating an inclusive culture as we know that diverse teams build better products and generate better ideas. As such, we strongly encourage applications from everyone regardless of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status. We aspire to make CaseWare the place where you bring your authentic self and thrive.