Department: Critical Care Services Ontario
Location: 700 Bay Street, Downtown Toronto
Reports to: Manager
Salary: $35.79 to $44.74 per hour
Status: Temporary Full Time (18 months contract - mat leave)
OVERVIEW OF THE POSITION:
Critical Care Services Ontario (CCSO) leads the planning, implementation, and evaluation of critical care services and related programs for the Province of Ontario. CCSO works closely with many stakeholders from the field, including clinicians, hospital administrators, other provincial agencies, and representatives from Ontario Health and the Ministry of Health (MOH), to improve the quality, safety, and efficiency of critical care service delivery.
As an integral member of Critical Care Services Ontario, the Statistical Data Analyst will be required to extract data from CIHI, intelliHealth Ontario, the Critical Care Information System (CCIS), and other data systems and be able to analyze, interpret the data, and prepare statistical and narrative reports as needed. The statistical data analyst is supervised on a day to day basis by CCIS Project Manager and formally reports to the Director of CCSO. Critical thinking and deductive reasoning ability are essential, as is the ability to work independently.
- Help design new projects; assess feasibility of proposed work; extract required data, plan and analyze data;
- Ensure results are presented correctly; help with preparation of material be prepared to defend any statistical results;
- Project Management - advise on matters concerning data and data collection and data safety;
- Result Generation/Statistical Analysis - analyze data to support projects; advise and supervise junior staff in data analysis; communicate results verbally and/or in written report
- Process - assist in writing reports or presentations; ensure that methods and results are presented correctly;
- Produce graphics using data visualization tool such as Tableau or Power BI;
- Support data analysis for evaluation projects.
- Master’s degree in statistics, biostatistics, epidemiology, or related field
- Minimum of 3-5 years statistical design and analysis experience in the healthcare field preferred
- Strong programming skills in SAS and proficiency with macro language is essential
- Strong report generating skills using SAS is required
- Experience in working with data visualization tools such as Tableau or Power BI is required
- Advanced computer skills with proficiency in MS-Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) is required
- Knowledge of the Ontario health care system, as well as familiarity with CCIS and CIHI data holdings would be an asset.
POSTED DATE: July 9, 2020 CLOSING DATE: Until Filled
For current UHN employees, only those who have successfully completed their probationary period, have a good employee record along with satisfactory attendance in accordance with UHN's attendance management program, and possess all the required experience and qualifications should apply.
University Health Network thanks all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
UHN is a respectful, caring, and inclusive workplace. We are committed to championing accessibility, diversity and equal opportunity. Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the recruitment process providing the applicant has met the Bona-fide requirements for the open position. Applicants need to make their requirements known when contacted.
University Health Network