We’re working as an agile team within a large organization, following scrum as a methodology and working within a team that is open and honest with each other, and always looking for items that we can improve on to be more efficient and productive.
What will you do?
- Be part of an agile team that delivers in-house electronic trading capabilities that facilitates internal and external clients to trade currencies.
- Work within a product team to implement changes quickly and help deliver services for price distribution and trading in a 24/5 business
- Take ownership of deliver of software components to meet the team’s sprint goals; be able to swarm on stories so that work-in-progress is kept to a minimum
- Work closely with an end-to-end product team to meet user story acceptance criteria
- Work within a team culture that is driven by quality (user reviews with sales and traders and ability to take feedback into improvements for upcoming sprints)
- Assist the team in meeting their requirements to deliver working software at the end of every 2 week sprint
- Strong communication skills, experience working in agile teams
- Strong technical developer year’s hands experience in Java 1.8+, Spring, distributed databases, Caching, Web Services and database technologies.
- Experience in middleware messaging technologies.
- Working knowledge of design patterns, data structures, algorithms and OO concepts.
- DevOps experience: Jenkins, Nexus, GitHub, deployment tooling (maven/gradle) and scripting
- TDD experience
- Self-starter who is not waiting for work but working from a defined backlog
- FX market knowledge
- BDD experience
- Knowledge of HTML5, OpenFin or ReactJS /Redux is plus.
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- A comprehensive Total Rewards Program including bonuses and flexible benefits, competitive compensation, commissions, and stock where applicable
- Leaders who support your development through coaching and managing opportunities
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
- A world-class training program in financial services
- Opportunities to do challenging work
- Opportunities to take on progressively greater accountabilities
Royal Bank of Canada is Canada’s largest bank, and one of the largest banks in the world, based on market capitalization. We are one of North America’s leading diversified financial services companies, and provide personal and commercial banking, wealth management, insurance, investor services and capital markets products and services on a global basis. We have over 80,000 full- and part-time employees who serve more than 16 million personal, business, public sector and institutional clients through offices in Canada, the U.S. and 37 other countries. For more information, please visit .
Get Career Alerts
Stay in-the-know about great career opportunities at RBC. Sign up for and get customized info on our latest jobs, career tips and Recruitment events that matter to you.
Expand your limits and create a new future together at RBC. Find out how we use our passion and drive to enhance the well-being of our clients and communities at .
Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment
RBC is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veterans status, Aboriginal/Native American status or any other legally-protected factors. Disability-related accommodations during the application process are available upon request.
Address: 155 Wellington St West
Work Hours/Week: 37.5
Work Environment: Office
Employment Type: Permanent
Career Level: Experienced Hire/Professional
Pay Type: Salaried
Required Travel (%): 0
People Manager: No
Application Deadline: 12/31/2020
Req ID: 296117
Royal Bank of Canada