Summary of Duties
- Performs routine testing duties within Chemistry (analyser maintenance, calibration, QC, troubleshooting) and verifies/interprets laboratory results.
- Provide technical, scientific education and supportive services to assist in the provision of patient care
- Promote activities which enhance best practice for quality of service and a safe working environment\
- Education C.M.L.T.O. Registration required
- Demonstrated theoretical and practical knowledge of Chemistry
- Demonstrated exceptional knowledge of Quality Control theory and its application in troubleshooting
- Demonstrated excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to interact effectively with individuals at all levels of the Organization
- Ability to work as a part of a team and independently as required
- Ability to work efficiently and effectively in a fast-paced, changing environment
- Knowledge and understanding of CQI
- Knowledge of quality assurance practices
- Knowledge of IQMH
- Computer skills required
- Experience with laboratory instrumentation and middleware preferred
- Proficiency in WORD, EXCEL and PowerPoint required.
- Flexibility/adaptability required
- Recent Chemistry experience is preferred
- All applicants will be subject to a practical assessment prior to interview
Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre
To apply, please click "Apply for Position" at the bottom of this page.
Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). If you require accommodation for disability during any stage of the recruitment process, please indicate this in your cover letter.
Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre is strongly committed to inclusion and diversity within its community and welcomes all applicants including but not limited to: visible minorities, all religions and ethnicities, persons with disabilities, LGBTQ persons, and all others who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas.