We believe that the pathway to success is paved with user feedback, so we're constantly asking our customers how they want to bank. When we find an opportunity to make things people will love, we assemble teams of specialists to collaborate in Digital Factories in Canada, Chile, Mexico, Peru, and Colombia. We work fast, and we work smart. Join us to create meaningful experiences and build the bank of tomorrow for our customers around the world.
If you'd like to learn more about our Digital Banking career opportunities, explore our Communities of Practice, or hear from our leaders, check out our career page.
You will be joining a dynamic and energetic team consisting of developers, architects, project managers, and product owners focusing on supporting front-end applications on anything and everything about payment, from mobile payment (Apple pay, Android pay) to transfer money between online accounts. We own different services (or micro-services) bridging front-end applications and many services deep-down in core banking systems. By joining our team, you will make an impact on our customers, the banking industry, and ultimately, the world.
Is this role right for you?
- You will be providing technical direction with team input and feedback
- You will be assisting in developing coding standards and testing approaches
- You will be collaborating with the Architect (if applicable) to realize technical vision and direction
- You will be considered an expert in a major applications and/or technical domains, and is highly regarded for their technical competence.
- You will be providing expert advice and counsel to key stakeholders on development project teams on complex issues related to “area of specialty”.
- You will be providing reviews of solution designs and related code.
- You will mentor and help team members in technical knowledge and best coding practices
- You have experience building scalable, enterprise level technology stacks with Java but ideally with a broad set of tools
- You are proficient in J2EE to support Enterprise Applications and Services
- You have experience with Cloud Foundry
- You have 3+ years of work experience as a Java developer with a preference for Java 8
- You have extensive experience working with Spring MVC framework.
- You have experience in version control tools, like Git, SVN, Bitbucket
- You have knowledge of a variety of frameworks (server side, browser side, desktop etc) as well as high aptitude for diving in and picking up new things
- You have well rounded knowledge of Agile principles and the flexibility to adapt your experience to new and evolving environments
- You have a passion for driving teams towards high performance and a deep pride in quality craftsmanship that delights users
- You are a self starter learning new technologies and refining current applications
- You are an excellent communication including the ability to distil technical details into simple terms
- You have a passion for well-designed products and not afraid to share and explain your ideas
- We have an inclusive and collaborative working environment that encourages creativity, curiosity, and celebrates success!
- We provide you with the tools and technology needed to create beautiful customer experiences
- You'll get to work with and learn from diverse industry leaders, who have hailed from top technology companies around the world
- Dress codes don't apply here, being comfortable does
- Our work from home social channel offers weekly virtual yoga, social events, learning opportunities, and contests to share current experiences & promote wellbeing in our new remote environment
- Access to thousands of online and in person courses so you can brush up on skills, or learn new ones
- Career progression opportunities. We hire you for your talent and not just for the job. We want to see you succeed not just in your role but in your career as a whole
- Free shuttle service to and from Union Station, onsite subsidized cafeteria with a chef, and an onsite fitness center *
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
As Canada's International Bank, we are a diverse and global team. We speak more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. Our employees are committed to a superior customer experience and use the Bank's six guiding sales practice principles to ensure they act with honesty and integrity.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please . Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.