Posted Date 10 hours ago(8/14/2021 3:28 PM)
Job ID 2021-14224 # Positions 1 Job Type Full Time Years of Experience 2 Job Industry Computer Software, Management Consulting, Technology Services
Putting people first, every day
BDO is a firm built on a foundation of positive relationships with our people and our clients. Each day, we rely on our professionals to provide exceptional service, and help our clients by providing advice and insight they can trust. In turn, we offer an environment that fosters a people-first culture with a high priority on your personal and professional growth.
Our GTA practice is looking for a Senior Consultant to expand and complement its Management Consulting team, specifically in the areas of Digital Strategy and Transformation.
BDO's Digital Strategy team helps businesses and IT leaders in mid-to-large size organizations across all industries make informed decisions about technology adoption, driving change and competitiveness in a digital world. The practice assists organizations in the following areas: Technology enabled Revenue & Growth, Scalable & Sustainable Technology, and Effective & Efficient IT Operations.
The successful candidate will be required to work on management consulting assignments in the following areas:
Technology Enabled Revenue & Growth: Digital Strategy & Roadmap, Digital Marketing & Channel Strategy, E-commerce & Monetization Strategy, Customer Experience & Digital Experience Platforms and Innovation / Prototype New Product
Scalable & Sustainable Technology: Data, Analytics & AI Strategy, Applications & Technology Diagnostic, Target Architecture Design & Roadmap, Business Solutions & Systems Integrator Selection, Software Quality Assessment & Modernization Strategy
Effective & Efficient IT Operations: Digital & Agile Governance, IT Operating Model Transformation, Business Solution Project Health Check, Outsourcing Opportunity Assessment & Partner Selection, IT Due Diligence
Key Accountabilities & Responsibilities
- The candidate will have relevant experience or skills to deliver in some of the above areas.
- The candidate will contribute to the planning and execution of management consulting mandates, with proportionate responsibilities, accountabilities, and expectations appropriate to the candidate's level, knowledge and experience. Mandates include (but is not limited to):
- Develop digital strategy leveraging experience design
- Analyze and document enterprise architectures at the business, application, data and technology level
- Develop strategies and roadmaps for the evolution of the IT function based on business priorities, industry trends, and technology risks
- Develop business cases (costs and benefits) for IT investments with supporting rationale
- Write and manage RFI/RFQ/RFP’s for the acquisition of technology applications, platforms (i.e. ERP, CRM, BI, Digital Experience Platforms, etc.) and IT service providers (integrators, managed services, etc.) and assist clients in their selection process
- Conduct assessments of IT programs and large projects and provide recommendations to improve chances of success
- Analyze IT operating models and assess the IT organization maturity
- Design IT target operating models from the point of view of governance, organization, skills, sourcing, cyber risks, processes and management tools
- Contribute to the development of service offerings of the practice in collaboration with other practices and our business partners
- Be creative in developing innovative strategies
- Work in a collaborative team
- Develop and maintain relationships with customers
- Conduct interviews and workshops
- Conduct research and apply critical thinking to develop relevant solutions to address client needs, resolve challenges, and innovate/evolve their business
- You demonstrate BDO's core values through all aspect of your work: Integrity, Respect and Collaboration
- You understand your client’s industry, challenges, and opportunities; client describes you as positive, professional, and delivering high quality work
- You identify, recommend, and are focused on effective service delivery to your clients
- You share in an inclusive and engaging work environment that develops, retains & attracts talent
- You actively participate in the adoption of digital tools and strategies to drive an innovative workplace
- You grow your expertise through learning and professional development
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- University degree in information technology, engineering or management (graduate degree an asset)
- Strong experience in IT management/integration and consulting services (ideally within a consulting firm)
- Experience in technology consulting services or a functional IT position, ideally with experience in technology strategy consulting engagements
- Strong ability to conduct analysis and develop recommendations to effectively respond to our clients' challenges, plan and manage mandates, develop new approaches and concepts in their area of expertise, and participate in service business development initiatives
- Dynamic, autonomous and with great curiosity to keep abreast of the latest trends
- The following are strong assets:
- Exposure to leading ERP technology platforms (Workday, SAP, Oracle, etc. )
- Exposure to leading Digital Experience Platforms (Sitecore, Marketo, Hubspot, etc.)
- Exposure to leading CRM Platforms (Microsoft, Salesforce, Zoho etc.)
- Exposure to leading Ecommerce Platforms (Magento, Salesforce, Big Commerce, Shopify, etc. )
- Knowledge of the main reference frameworks and standards: TOGAF, COBIT, ITIL, PMI, etc. (certification an asset)
Our firm is committed to providing an environment where you can be successful in the following ways:
- We enable you to engage with the firm's strategic plan, and be a key contributor to the success and growth of the firm.
- We help you be the best professional you can be in our services, industries and markets.
- Achieve your personal goals outside of the office and make an impact on your community.
Total rewards that matter: We pay for performance with competitive total cash compensation that recognizes and rewards your contribution. We provide flexible benefits from day one, and a market leading personal time off policy. We are committed to supporting your overall wellness beyond working hours, and provide reimbursement for wellness initiatives that fit your lifestyle.
Everyone counts: We believe every employee should have the opportunity to participate and succeed. Through leadership by our Chief Inclusion and Diversity Officer, we are committed to a workplace culture of respect, inclusion, and diversity. We recognize and celebrate the valuable differences among each of us, including race, religious beliefs, physical or mental disabilities, age, place of origin, marital status, family status, gender or gender identity and sexual orientation. If you require accommodation to complete the application process, please contact us.
Ready to make your mark at BDO? Click “Apply now” to send your up-to-date resume to one of our Talent Acquisition Specialists.
To explore other opportunities at BDO, check out our .