With Corporate Services in Ancaster, Ontario, we operate from manufacturing facilities and technical centres throughout North America, Europe and Asia. Because we are a Johnson Electric company, we offer leading-edge capabilities in electrification. Our in-house development, test and manufacturing capabilities are focused on a unified goal: delivering high-quality, high-performance assemblies, components and systems for the applications of today and tomorrow.
We are looking to add a new member to our Maintenance team. This role is based in Mississauga, Ontario.
- Responsible for the preventative maintenance and repair of all plant utilities, machinery and processes within Stackpole International, PM-Mississauga
- Support and work within the procedures of the maintenance management software systems to facilitate Preventative Maintenance activities, work order management, spare and replacement component purchasing
- Duties encompass preventative maintenance, installations, troubleshooting, modifications and rigging as required
- Completion of Preventative Maintenance work orders as per the PM schedule, complete and accurate feedback on the PM outlining completion or additional work and materials required to complete the PM
- Comply with all company safety policies and procedures and ensure all equipment is properly guarded and operating in a safe manner
- Provide technical support to the Human Resources, Processes, Products and Equipment employed within the departments that you are assigned to on a day-to-day basis
- Ensuring that a smooth “hand-off” occurs with Technical Team Members on other shifts within the departments, so that the communication and transition between shifts is constantly occurring
- Participating in department team meetings to review and resolve quality, service, operations, facilities, human resources and health and safety issues
- Participate in 5 “S” activities
- Operational problem solving and seeking out continuous improvements to the process
- Assist in the training and development of new members of the department
- Measures for success:
- Maximize equipment uptime, minimize equipment breakdowns
- PM effectiveness and reliability, ensure that machines are returned to production ready to make parts
- Effective feedback on equipment issues, after or during PM or breakdown activities, proper spare and material replacement ordering
- Work in compliance with Stackpole Quality and EHS Policies and Procedures, including IATF 16949 / ISO 14001.
- All other duties as assigned
- Team player with the ability to work with others in a team based environment
- Must have an Ontario Trade Certificate as an industrial electrician and millwright
- Must have good trouble shooting knowledge of PLC’s, speed controls, CNC controls, and automation equipment
- Experience with heavy presses is an asset
- Must be a reliable, mature individual with a demonstrated ability to work in a team environment
What we offer...
- Full-time employment in a growing global business
- Training and Development opportunities
- Competitive salary, benefits and pension
- Intercultural team
- Regular information meetings and social events
- Great colleagues and work climate