As a bilingual Proofreaders, you will proofread financial and technical documents in French and English across various industry sectors to verify that spelling, punctuation and formatting are correct and consistent. Your proofreading comments will also correct for grammar, use of language, consistent presentation of names/acronyms, and verify numerical footing and cross-footing of financial statements. You will also consult with customers on correct proofreading standards, client-specific requests and standard EY styles. You must be able to work flexible hours with availability for overtime during our peak period.
Your key responsibilities:
- Proofread original document to detect and markup for correction any typographical, grammatical or mathematical errors
- Review documents for layout of text and graphics, and check for compositional errors
- Track any changes, and use comparison/merge functionality in Microsoft Word, commenting and editing tools in Adobe Acrobat/PDF-XChange, various tools supporting digital projects and other tools, to complete assignments
- Support quality assurance and quality controls within the Creative Services Group (CSG), by proofreading documents accurately
- Participate as a team player in planning, scheduling and production
- Help train new proofreaders
- May cross-train staff in additional CSG functions, to provide flexibility of resources
- Understand and strictly adhere to EY quality standards and procedures, including CSG standards and guidelines
- Utilize the CSG database, to confirm that all time and materials are billed correctly, and that project instructions and customer interactions are fully documented
- Develop team momentum by being a good team member and/or leader, promoting and sharing leading practices with Enterprise Support Services/CSG staff
- Gain advanced knowledge of the EY brand, and raise awareness
- The individual in this role must have excellent proofreading skills in French and English, strong attention to detail and a rigorous approach. The individual in this role must also be able to quickly learn concepts related to financial statements and basic accounting, if they do not already possess such knowledge.
- Experience as a Proofreader
- Advanced and strong knowledge of French and English- post-secondary education in French and English, and/or related discipline an asset
- Advanced knowledge of spelling, grammar, punctuation and use of style manuals
- Competency at applying existing standards to new or different documents
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Adobe Acrobat/PDF-XChange
- Strong communication, interpersonal and teamwork skills
- Ability to perform under pressure, within tight deadlines
- Moderate understanding of mathematics and accounting functions
- Experience in translation/communications services or in an accounting or legal firm an asset
At EY, our Total Rewards package supports our commitment to creating a leading people culture - built on high-performance teaming - where everyone can achieve their potential and contribute to building a better working world for our people, our clients and our communities. It's one of the many reasons we repeatedly win awards for being a great place to work.
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package allows you decide which benefits are right for you and which ones help you create a solid foundation for your future. Our Total Rewards package includes a comprehensive medical, prescription drug and dental coverage, a defined contribution pension plan, a great vacation policy plus firm paid days that allow you to enjoy longer long weekends throughout the year, statutory holidays and paid personal days (based on province of residence), and a range of exciting programs and benefits designed to support your physical, financial and social well-being. Plus, we offer:
- Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues in the industry
- Learning opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Make your mark. Apply today.
EY is committed to inclusiveness, equity and accessibility. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply.