Under the direction of the foreman, performs various construction, repair and maintenance work related to the set-up, maintenance and demobilization of camps. Work will mostly be but not limited to wood frame type construction of various elements that make up and support a camp. Be up to date, and aware of all local, and national codes. Be able to perform duties in a safe and environmentally sound manner in compliance with Valard policies, Provincial/Federal laws/guidelines. Must be able to assist other trades and do labour work when directed by foreman when needed or no carpentry work to perform.
This is a camp job - 20/10 shift.
Report to work fit for duty and prepared to perform daily tasks in a productive and safe manor.
Participate in all Tailboard and safety meetings
Follow all rules /regulations in accordance with Valard / government policies
Construction of boot rooms, decks, stairs, railings, walk ways, shelves, etc.
Repair roofs, walls, floors, dry wall, furniture, doors, mouldings, etc.
Identify source of leaks, mold, drafts, etc., and eliminate/repair
Support other trades and project with their carpentry requirements
Estimate and prepare list of materials for given task if required.
Keep work area/tools/equipment clean, organized and in proper working order
Coordinate with foreman, coworkers other trades to ensure productive and safe work site
Prepared to match work with a high pace, deadline driven work environment
Prepared to work outdoors in adverse weather conditions
Prepared to work at heights and confined spaces
Must be able/willing to travel
Must be will to participate in training programs
Adhere to Valard Policies
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Recognized Carpentry certificate or equivalent work experience
- 5 years experience carpentry/residential construction or renovations preferred
- 1 year of experience building camps preferred
- 1 year of experience remote/camp work preferred
- Fall Protection
- Confined Space
- First Aid
- Valid driver’s license a must
- Excellent working knowledge of wood frame construction
- Must be able to build boot rooms and decks
- Must be able to calculate and build stairs and railings, walkways
- Must be able to hang doors and windows.
- Must be able to repair roofs, roof panels, aluminum siding and trim, floors of various material, floor panels, furniture and drywall. Plaster, paint, change door locks, change screens, windows, mirrors, insulate with fiberglass etc.
- Good knowledge of basic residential wiring and plumbing.
- Knowledgeable in cribbing and blocking modular dorm buildings
- Knowledge of / familiar with, the National Building Code and provincial/local bylaws
Valard Construction LP is an equal opportunity employer, committed to a diverse workforce. We offer a competitive salary and a complete range of employee benefits.
Please forward resume and cover letter by applying directly to this job posting.
We thank all applicants for their interest. All applications will be reviewed to determine which candidates' skills and experience best meets the needs of the position. Only individuals selected for interviews will be contacted.